Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New turbo S owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 11:07 AM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Gorgeous Turbo! I have one awaiting pickup in LA and delivery to me in Portland.... anticipation!!
Old 03-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 259 Posts

Very Nice! Congrats!!! Best Car Ever!
Old 03-03-2018, 12:37 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

You guys need to start your own Picture thread for TTS.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:52 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Very nice, congratulations!

Battery tender, BCM filter, replace the floor mats with OEM, read your owners manual, get your PDK transmission fluid changed (it's due every 6 years), suggest you change the oil to Liqui Moly and install new plugs, aftermarket exhaust, good tune, deep pockets unless you have an extended warranty, if not buy one, don't be afraid to select Sport mode and drive the heck out of it (oops forgot you're in CA, sorry), and lastly, enjoy! They are GREAT cars.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:20 PM
Turbo Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
I had a chance late last year to buy a 2013 997 Turbo S in Silver (Also wrapped in this cool Mat Silver finish for paint protection) with only 17 k miles on it for $96K

That was way out of my budget but sometime I wished I'd have just done it. Most of the Turbo S' I see now, even in 2011&2012's, are over $100K. I think it would have been a good purchase for that money.

Again, congrats and thanks for the compliment on mine. It's not perfect by any means but it suits my want/needs for now at Way less than the S would have.
i was amazed to find these cars going up in value also. I feel very fortunate.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:22 PM
Whosdady
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My TTS has been my favorite car yet. It needed a few personalized upgrades but for the most part was perfect. I personally didn’t like the oem wheels so I upgraded to the gt3rs wheels and put wider cup 2 tires on them for traction. I also did a few other things you may want to consider as a new TTS owner.

- BBI Catted Exhaust
- Champion IC’s
- Evoms Headers
- IPD plenum and Y pipe
- BMC Filter
- Cobb AP Stage 3 Tune
- TPC Suspension Tune
- 3 Bar Map Sensors
- 991GT3RS Steering Wheel and Leather Airbag
- Techquipment full pedal set
- Techquipment gas cap
- Matte Carbon inlets

I maybe missing a few items. I haven’t done the PDK tune yet because I’m waiting on more feedback from other owners. I haven’t had any maintenance issues and the car is amazing to drive. I have spent a lot on it and wouldn’t consider selling it (with everything on it as is) for under $130K. I would be hard pressed to find anything close to this car for under $200K.

I’m certain you will enjoy yours...
Old 03-03-2018, 01:22 PM
Turbo Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mac S
gbooth,
Congrats! I just got my '12 TTS a couple of weeks ago, so not much insight yet. But I think you made a great choice. Looks very nice and clean.

I would spend a little time learning the controls, as some things are a little different from what I am used to at least. It took me a little time to figure out how not to have the radio on without turning off the entire PCM system, for example. And I left the lights on once (only a few min thankfully) because I am so used to the auto on-off feature on my other cars. It was embarrassing as I proudly walked back to my nice Porsche and realized the lights were on!

I keep her plugged in to a battery tender at home as well.

Mostly, just enjoy it!

Mac
i definitely will! I have just received the books and manuals so I will go through them while I wait...impatiently...lol. I was wondering if it’s easy to use Spotify or iTunes with this car? Any insights?
Old 03-03-2018, 01:23 PM
Turbo Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by urbanscribe
Just got my 2011 TTS in November. You'll love the car.

If the PCM frustrates you (it did for me) I can give you a detail of a tablet work around. That was the only work I felt it needed.

Congrats.
thank you! I might need it. I am not the most technically inclined.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:23 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Originally Posted by gbooth
Any advise for a new owner?
Get out of LA.

Traffic is horrible. I know, I lived there, still work there once in a while and go see family as often as I can.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:26 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Originally Posted by Whosdady

My TTS has been my favorite car yet. It needed a few personalized upgrades but for the most part was perfect. I personally didn’t like the oem wheels so I upgraded to the gt3rs wheels and put wider cup 2 tires on them for traction. I also did a few other things you may want to consider as a new TTS owner.

- BBI Catted Exhaust
- Champion IC’s
- Evoms Headers
- IPD plenum and Y pipe
- BMC Filter
- Cobb AP Stage 3 Tune
- TPC Suspension Tune
- 3 Bar Map Sensors
- 991GT3RS Steering Wheel and Leather Airbag
- Techquipment full pedal set
- Techquipment gas cap
- Matte Carbon inlets

I maybe missing a few items. I haven’t done the PDK tune yet because I’m waiting on more feedback from other owners. I haven’t had any maintenance issues and the car is amazing to drive. I have spent a lot on it and wouldn’t consider selling it (with everything on it as is) for under $130K. I would be hard pressed to find anything close to this car for under $200K.

I’m certain you will enjoy yours...
Amazing. One of the best looking TTS ive seen so far, and its even a silver color. Good job.

Last edited by thxbuff2001; 03-03-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:26 PM
Turbo Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by etchhead
Gorgeous Turbo! I have one awaiting pickup in LA and delivery to me in Portland.... anticipation!!
its so painful. I actually worked with a couple of guys and they were very eager to get the business. That sped things up I think.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:27 PM
Turbo Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Please for the love of mankind, don’t remove both the center lock Wheels or the PCCB’s. Do not let anyone convince you that those two items are worthless. Beautiful car!
no changes except an exhaust. I like it just the way it is!
Old 03-03-2018, 01:28 PM
Turbo Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Itzkirb
Very Nice! Congrats!!! Best Car Ever!
‘thank you sir!!
Old 03-03-2018, 01:31 PM
Turbo Racer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4ocious
Very nice, congratulations!

Battery tender, BCM filter, replace the floor mats with OEM, read your owners manual, get your PDK transmission fluid changed (it's due every 6 years), suggest you change the oil to Liqui Moly and install new plugs, aftermarket exhaust, good tune, deep pockets unless you have an extended warranty, if not buy one, don't be afraid to select Sport mode and drive the heck out of it (oops forgot you're in CA, sorry), and lastly, enjoy! They are GREAT cars.
great insights. I am taking it to my mechanic. Tom at Lucent Motorsports. Been a friend of mine for 15 years. He will take care of it for me. I work in Malibu so the canyons call. I’m also wondering about a radar detector? Any thoughts?
Old 03-03-2018, 01:51 PM
Luminator
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats

She looks incredible and i'm sure is obscenely fast

Quick Reply: New turbo S owner