Sponsored by:

992 is out

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 08:27 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgemonty
Yikes! I'm not digging that back end at all. Especially that brake light sitting on top - yuck!
That's a test mule, it doesn't really look like that. That's OBVIOUS masking. That third brakelight isn't going to be production.
Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
That back end says everything except "I'm a Porsche"... interior on test car appears to be manual, I hope they bring it for the Turbo as well.
Eric, you've been around forever, you KNOW those pics were masking.
Originally Posted by Domer911
I'm definitely not liking the ***-end of that iteration
Again, that's masking. I'm losing faith is some of my fellow Auto enthusiasts. If you can't tell test mule masking from production ready pieces, you probably don't follow auto development very closely.
Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
I'm sorry but no, no way. There's just no way this is the car we'll see at dealers. Right? There's absolutely no possibility they would screw up our 911 to this extent. Seriously? Yuck, ughhh, it just can't be.

THIS ONE is ready and unmasked the rear end. I like it a lot, it's a very nice evolution of 991 rear end. The rear bumper is very 991 GT3-esque. I LOVE the 3D tail lights which are inspired by the 918. A few years back, I made a photochop showing how good the 3D lights would look on the 911 line back when the 918 came out. I know they started with the 991.2 and I can't help but love how they look on the 992. I'm also a fan of the lightbar that goes all the way across ala Panamera. It leads me to believe this is a C4S, if it stays with tradition that started with the 996 C4S. Though, honestly, I like the lightbar as it's reminiscent of the bumper reflectors that started on all 911's with the impact bumper cars starting in '74 and ran all the way through the 993's ending in '98, so I'd love to see it return to the entire 911 (non GT) lineup. Aside from the car getting bigger and bigger, I think the actual styling of the 992 looks great! The fact that it's available in a manual is icing and showing me that Porsche does want to keep the driving enjoyment in our hands, literally!
Old 03-10-2018, 08:09 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

On the fence...

Quick Reply: 992 is out