Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loss of Power? Custom tune lost/reset?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 04:33 PM
Dan997t
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of Power? Custom tune lost/reset?

Hi. I just had the car (997.1 tt with 600hp Switzer tune) in the shop for a new Alpine Head unit and K40. Battery was disconnected. Car came back up with some errors re: air bag and PASM. No biggie... When I picked up the car it was definitely flat. Where I was pulling a solid 20# of pure white knuckle boost, now the best is 15 and it just feels flat. Just to add to the mystery, I was out test driving after the stereo install and was able to hit full white knuckle boost 2 times, but just for a few seconds before it fell on its face with 15# of flatness. The car has a Fabsport exhaust and Switzer 600HP 93oct tune. So, here is my question... There were several things complaining when the power come back up. The stereo shop was freaking out and resetting everything that came up. Could they have rest my custom tune? As mention, the car has been flat since then, but also as mentioned, it did hit hard 20# for a few seconds the other day after the stereo, but fell off as fast as it hit.

This brings up a good question. This exhaust and "tune" was $2800 from Switzer Performance in Ohio. What happens when you need a copy of the tune? Right now my shop can't tell me if the tune that is there is OEM code or the custom Switzer tune. Should they be able to?

Any other theories on what happened to my boost/power? It's at the shop now... They pumped it to 20-22 and found a tiny leak. Not likely to be our problem.

Thanks in advance! #noboost

Dan
Old 12-26-2017, 06:34 PM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

air bag was likely the seat belt receptacles were disconnected with the battery plugged in. unlikely the stereo shop had anything to do with the tune. it doesnt just disapear. nncould be maf failure boost leaks or misfires. need to datalog a pull and see whats up. also contatc switzer to see if they still have your files.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:37 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If they disconnected the battery with the key in the ignition you will get an airbag light.
You will need to go to the dealer or buy an icarsoft por2 unit to diy.
c

Quick Reply: Loss of Power? Custom tune lost/reset?