Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off topic - Wheeler Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017 | 05:39 AM
adcampo
Burning Brakes

Default Off topic - Wheeler Dealer

This show has gone from bad to worst. I loved it for the first few seasons. Gritty and real. But it went down hill when they moved to Hollywood. It jumped the shark! Now Edd is gone and it’s a completely different show. Disappointing.
Old 11-09-2017 | 08:54 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

I was prepared to hate ant...but i dont. i think hes a bit more hollywood than edd and i hate the stupid boots he wears all the time, but i dont think he's as absymal as what i expected.

That said, what made the show cool was that they didnt focus on old american cars like every other velocity show. they should go back to european cars only, with rare exception.

Technical content is also down, but not quite as badly as expected. I still watch, but im not addicted like I was in the early days.
Old 11-09-2017 | 09:39 AM
adcampo
Burning Brakes

Agreed, I like seeing the cool euro cars.

I️ also liked watching Edd doing some of the detail work and seeing continuity of the restoration. Now, the progress jumps without them addressing it. I️.e. the Rambler engine looks a mess at the beginning of the episode and by the end it’s fully restored without barely a mention. Also the older episodes had much smaller budgets. Now it seems like cost is not an object.

I️ do like that they added man hours to the total calculation.
Old 11-09-2017 | 02:02 PM
Akunob
Race Car

Ed China was a critical part of Wheeler Dealers! He really made the show by highlighting all the DIY things to do on old cars (electrical, mechanical and interior/exterior trim etc). The new format has lost a bit of the appeal for me. The show is now almost indistinguishable from all the other 'restoration/flipper' car shows out there. Ant is alright but the new formula has gone away from the essence of what made the show great IMO
Old 11-11-2017 | 03:55 AM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Would be cool to see Mr. China start a new show...
Old 11-11-2017 | 07:27 PM
atcbi5
Banned

This guy is much better. Ed got greedy and got the boot. Change is good and I love the show. Just goes to show you that you can be replaced by someone equal or better. New guy has a better haircut and much more polished.
Old 11-13-2017 | 12:45 PM
saudio
Advanced

Very disappointed and I will not watch the new show without Edd. He was the heart of the show. I could have easily done without Mike entirely and enjoyed just an hour of watching Edd work on the cars.

The new guy has a better haircut? Wowzer.
Old 11-13-2017 | 03:26 PM
adcampo
Burning Brakes

The transformation kind of reminds of what happened to Shade Tree Mechanic. For anyone who remembers that show. I️ might be dating myself a bit...

Quick Reply: Off topic - Wheeler Dealer