Sponsored by:

Turbos not spooling

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Dodaleca
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
Any idea which way they are supposed to move on the drivers/passenger side?

Follow the TSB pdf document above as it gives the details you require.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:08 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

It is shown in the guide shared on your Facebook thread: http://www.awe-tuning.com/media/pdf/...e%20action.pdf
Old 10-06-2017, 05:59 AM
epacman17
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When I hade my car serviced at the local Porsche shop they told me one of the rods was stuck and that they wanted to spend a few hours on it to get it loose. I hadn't noticed any problems or seen any DTC:s so I said I would think about it. After another 1000 miles or so I still havn't seen any problems, and I do quite a lot of logging with my Cobb AP.

I guess they just didn't try hard enough to move it by hand..? (Or wanted to make some easy money)
Old 10-06-2017, 10:41 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by epacman17
When I hade my car serviced at the local Porsche shop they told me one of the rods was stuck and that they wanted to spend a few hours on it to get it loose. I hadn't noticed any problems or seen any DTC:s so I said I would think about it. After another 1000 miles or so I still havn't seen any problems, and I do quite a lot of logging with my Cobb AP.

I guess they just didn't try hard enough to move it by hand..? (Or wanted to make some easy money)
That's where I almost ended up. My PROBLEM IS SOLVED. I was under the car yesterday and the driver side rod was fine, no issues. Moved freely. The passenger side on the other hand had a decent amount of rust and was stuck in the UP position. A ton of liquid wrench, elbow grease, and a metal hanger was all I needed.

I was able to wrap the hanger around the lever and eventually get it down, then push it up, repeat until it was looser. I scraped away some of the corrosion with a needle file and eventually it was operating as it should. Took it for a drive and BOOM car was alive again.

Very odd that one side had corrosion and the other side was clean as a whistle. Have no idea how that happened.

As for rust under the car... I really don't have much at all, Just seems to be on the Exhaust bolts and a few small nooks and crannies. Let me know if you see any problem areas. not bad for 43k miles and 10 years IMO

This was the problem child, as you can see the rust built up, which is mostly surface rust. Cleanable. Hanger made all the difference.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:01 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Is you driver side exhaust strap loose?

Quick Reply: Turbos not spooling