Books and options sticker

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 11:38 AM
911 Prospect
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Books and options sticker

Hi guys,
So when I bought my '09 TT it did not come with the window sticker, maintenance/service log, or the options sticker. I do have actual service records and the car came CPO from the dealer as well as with a build sheet. The service manual is probably with the window sticker and I will never see them, but how "important" are these items as viewed by the community? Is there a way to get a window sticker or options sticker? It doesn't appear as though Porsche offers reproductions of these.
Thanks for your time.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:04 PM
theplings
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Prospect
Hi guys,
So when I bought my '09 TT it did not come with the window sticker, maintenance/service log, or the options sticker. I do have actual service records and the car came CPO from the dealer as well as with a build sheet. The service manual is probably with the window sticker and I will never see them, but how "important" are these items as viewed by the community? Is there a way to get a window sticker or options sticker? It doesn't appear as though Porsche offers reproductions of these.
Thanks for your time.
This company creates reproduction window stickers, haven't used them but I've thought about getting one just to have.

http://www.stuttgartstudios.com
Old 09-18-2017, 12:22 PM
911 Prospect
Instructor

Originally Posted by theplings
This company creates reproduction window stickers, haven't used them but I've thought about getting one just to have.

http://www.stuttgartstudios.com
Great, thank you!
Old 09-18-2017, 01:11 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 783 Posts

I used them to create a Monroney sticker for my 996. They did a very nice job.

There's also a company somewhere here on rennlist that will recreate the options sticker - I did this for my 997. I don't recall the name, but I'll see if I can find it. The 997 cars typically have the sticker in the maintenance book as opposed to stuck on the underside of the bonnet lid.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:21 PM
911 Prospect
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dennis C
I used them to create a Monroney sticker for my 996. They did a very nice job.

There's also a company somewhere here on rennlist that will recreate the options sticker - I did this for my 997. I don't recall the name, but I'll see if I can find it. The 997 cars typically have the sticker in the maintenance book as opposed to stuck on the underside of the bonnet lid.
Thank you very much. I read some other posts that stated they were often placed with the manuals, but I don't see it. If it happened to be placed with the one manual I don't have, the maintenance book, that would answer that question. I find it strange I don't have that book, but such is life.
Thanks in advance for your efforts in looking for the other company for the options sticker!
Old 09-18-2017, 02:51 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, a member from Spain is able to reproduce those stickers perfectly. I'll find his link. The manuals are readily available on eBay.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:54 PM
vettenomore
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The PO of my car recently contacted me and provided a "Certificate of Authenticity" that I was previously unaware of. It is a document that contains the options list and MSRP for the car.

Trending Topics

Old 09-18-2017, 03:12 PM
911 Prospect
Instructor

Originally Posted by vettenomore
The PO of my car recently contacted me and provided a "Certificate of Authenticity" that I was previously unaware of. It is a document that contains the options list and MSRP for the car.
I've heard mostly bad stories about getting a CoA. It seems as though many come with the wrong info and Porsche relies on you to provide them with the info to go on the certificate. It certainly does not seem worth the $100 IMO.
I do have a build sheet that shows the options and MSRP that came from the dealer and the quality of work at stuttgartstudios.com looks great.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:14 PM
911 Prospect
Instructor

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Yes, a member from Spain is able to reproduce those stickers perfectly. I'll find his link. The manuals are readily available on eBay.
Good point, thank you. I just wish I had the original book with the recordings of maintenance done and dealership stamp. I suppose I could buy a book and start now!
Old 09-19-2017, 12:55 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 911 Prospect
I've heard mostly bad stories about getting a CoA. It seems as though many come with the wrong info and Porsche relies on you to provide them with the info to go on the certificate. It certainly does not seem worth the $100 IMO.
I do have a build sheet that shows the options and MSRP that came from the dealer and the quality of work at stuttgartstudios.com looks great.
not true, the modern coa are 100% accurate, all the owner supplies is the vin.
Old 09-19-2017, 09:56 AM
911 Prospect
Instructor

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
not true, the modern coa are 100% accurate, all the owner supplies is the vin.
Okay, good to know! I saw a few postings on this site that complained and I checked with a friend that has a mid-80s Porsche and the review was lackluster at best. Anyway, I think it being based on the VIN makes the most sense. Thanks, as always, for the updated info.

Quick Reply: Books and options sticker