Sponsored by:

Turbo S

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 03:21 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Jedi
I've come to an agreement on this Turbo S, the problem is how do you verify that it actually is an S besides seeing badges on the car. Does a part of the VIN actually indicate that it is a Turbo S. I haven't seen the car yet as it is 3000 miles away and plan to fly out to view the car. I'm also going to have a PPI done at the local Porsche dealership in the next few days.

The car has centre locks as well as an Aerokit, not sure if these options were available on a regular Turbo or not, tachometer also has the Turbo S on it. Maybe I'm being a little cautious but I don't think it would take to much to make a Turbo look like a Turbo S
It's actually possible to look up the full build sheet for any Porsche yourself. Just take this link, and add your VIN at the end: admin.porschedealer.com/reports/build_sheets/print.php?vin=
Old 08-29-2017, 10:27 AM
Jedi
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi Nate,

I think I've seen that search before, but couldn't make it work, maybe did something wrong but I'll give it another try

Thanks
Jim
Old 08-29-2017, 01:57 PM
Car Crazy
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

make sure you use the https:// in front in front of the URL Nate provided. works every time.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:12 PM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ocious
I've owned both. Upgrade the PCM, add a mod or two and keep your current ride. The TTS is nice but you do lose driver involvement and it's just not worth the upgrade. I had more "fun" with my 09 TT 6MT cab then I will ever have with my TTS.

BTW, too many miles on the TTS. It's probably not a good deal (JMO).
BK, I'm happy to take your boring TTS off your hands! As a matter of fact, I think it was happier at my house! LoL!!!
To the poster, dont let the less than stimulating centric TTS comments sway you... The TTS is a BEAST and will run away from a 2009 or earlier 997.1. Now before the 997.1 TT crowd pipes in, I'm talking OEM not cars that have been modified. Any car can be modded to add performance, right?
If you have 3 peddle cars, and want a car with what may be arguably one of the best performance oriented transmission then go for the TTS. BTW: Its just not a lightning fast shifting tranny, it's a damn smart proactive tranny that will put a smile on your face while hard charging the apexs.
I've owned both, an 09 TT 6 Speed and a 12 TTS (current). Both are wonderful cars, but OEM to OEM, there's no comparison, especially with the TTS in Sports Plus Mode.

If you love the car, look into and factor in a warranty (plenty of posts about that). I agree with BK, work the price!

Best of luck, JB

Old 08-29-2017, 10:32 PM
jazzwu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Belk
BK, I'm happy to take your boring TTS off your hands! As a matter of fact, I think it was happier at my house! LoL!!!
To the poster, dont let the less than stimulating centric TTS comments sway you... The TTS is a BEAST and will run away from a 2009 or earlier 997.1. Now before the 997.1 TT crowd pipes in, I'm talking OEM not cars that have been modified. Any car can be modded to add performance, right?
If you have 3 peddle cars, and want a car with what may be arguably one of the best performance oriented transmission then go for the TTS. BTW: Its just not a lightning fast shifting tranny, it's a damn smart proactive tranny that will put a smile on your face while hard charging the apexs.
I've owned both, an 09 TT 6 Speed and a 12 TTS (current). Both are wonderful cars, but OEM to OEM, there's no comparison, especially with the TTS in Sports Plus Mode.

If you love the car, look into and factor in a warranty (plenty of posts about that). I agree with BK, work the price!

Best of luck, JB

very nice! Great collection. C7 z06...

faster I presume for sure than a stock TTS. How much faster you reckon?
Old 08-29-2017, 11:24 PM
John Belk
Racer

Originally Posted by jazzwu
very nice! Great collection. C7 z06...

faster I presume for sure than a stock TTS. How much faster you reckon?
I'll have to report back as I'm still breaking in the ZO6's engine and keep the RPMs below 4000 for another 500 miles. I will say with the ZO7 option w/15.5" front and 15" rear ceramic rotor brakes and Michelin Cups, braking is better than the TTS.
I have a feeling the times from a dead start will be similar giving the advantage to the TTS w/it's AWD and brutal launch control. However, 50 mph rolls may produce different results with the ZO6's 650Hp and 650Tq.
Regardless, the TTS's Engineering and ZO6 with its Supercharged V-8, satisfy both my needs for a symphony and hard rock!!! Life is good...
HOWEVER, if I could only own one, it would be the TTS without question. Corvettes are great cars and have come a long ways, but they're not a Porsche....of course a new TTS is more than double the price of a ZO6. JB
Old 08-29-2017, 11:44 PM
jazzwu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Belk
I'll have to report back as I'm still breaking in the ZO6's engine and keep the RPMs below 4000 for another 500 miles. I will say with the ZO7 option w/15.5" front and 15" rear ceramic rotor brakes and Michelin Cups, braking is better than the TTS.
I have a feeling the times from a dead start will be similar giving the advantage to the TTS w/it's AWD and brutal launch control. However, 50 mph rolls may produce different results with the ZO6's 650Hp and 650Tq.
Regardless, the TTS's Engineering and ZO6 with its Supercharged V-8, satisfy both my needs for a symphony and hard rock!!! Life is good...
HOWEVER, if I could only own one, it would be the TTS without question. Corvettes are great cars and have come a long ways, but they're not a Porsche....of course a new TTS is more than double the price of a ZO6. JB
congrats on that beast. I'd be interested in seeing a roll race between the 2 for sure. Unfortunately from a roll the z06 for sure has a nice advantage. Dig is up to the cars launch and drivers.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:04 AM
Jedi
Rennlist Member

Tried the vin decode again, worked like a charm

Thanks for all help and input

Jim

Old 08-30-2017, 03:56 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

JB,

I may take you up on that offer. I haven't driven the car since we left your house - three weeks ago. Just no interest and it doesn't tug at me with "drive me now" emotion.

Anyone else interested?

Last edited by 4ocious; 09-01-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:02 AM
Southpaw
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The car has centre locks as well as an Aerokit, not sure if these options were available on a regular Turbo or not, tachometer also has the Turbo S on it. Maybe I'm being a little cautious but I don't think it would take to much to make a Turbo look like a Turbo S
My car is a turbo and has centerlocks and an aerokit. You can basically spec a turbo with most of the options standard on an S.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:18 AM
Jedi
Rennlist Member

Hi Southpaw,

Thanks for the info, after decoding the VIN the car is definitely a Turbo S
Old 08-31-2017, 09:52 PM
John Belk
Racer

Hi Southpaw,

Thanks for the info, after decoding the VIN the car is definitely a Turbo S
I can vouch for 4OCIOUS Yellow w/black wheels 2011 TTS, yellow piping throughout is a nice touch!!! I've driven his car and it's tight!!! Just saying, if yours doesn't workout...jb
Old 09-01-2017, 01:41 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Sub'd
Old 09-15-2017, 11:25 PM
Jedi
Rennlist Member

Well the deal has finalized, two trips to Toronto, first one so see and drive the car, also had a PPI done. The car checked out, not a garage queen but I want a car that I'm not afraid to drive. Second trip to do all the paper work and get the car over to the car carrier, they say it will arrive Oct 2

Can hardly wait
Attached Images  
Old 09-15-2017, 11:44 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Outstanding!!! Congrats!

Quick Reply: Turbo S