Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997.1 GT3 Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 03:55 PM
dlb
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought an 18k mile GT3 a few months ago, and I looked at quite a few of them. Several were polished up and being sold by big Porsche dealerships as 'never tracked' however they had very clearly been tracked. The first give away, and I notice on this car too, is the replaced rotors. Make sure you dig deep on your research of these cars. Tracking isn't a problem if the price reflects that, this car, however, is priced like a car that has been babied. Best of luck...the search is part of the fun for sure.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:08 AM
tpd83911
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

rev28K - all good advice on this car. Asking price puts the car into privately owned 997.2 GT3s with similar mileage - lot to be said for purchase from a long-term owner. Depends on what you want. Stock seats so nothing special there. Get DME before even looking - may save you the trip. Also ask for photo paint-meter photos across all panels - easily done and good info. Many PCCBs switched to steel for many reasons. Some remove and sell or keep to sell later with car if removed before replacement needed. Good luck.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:44 PM
EPOS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up a 2007 GT3 last year. A Canadian car with 49,000 miles, 2 owner car with full history. 'Clean' car, well taken care of, but it had a ton of patina on all lower parts. Car lived in Calgary and made regular trips to Montana so it was beat badly by stones. My original intent was to pick up a garage queen as I don't drive my toys much, but then I wanted one that I can enjoy and just drive it.

Found this one one by chance and was meant to be. It was actually sold pending financing (sorry, but who finances a 9 year old car???) financing fell through and I swooped it up. Car was all original, but I had all the lower parts repainted (photos to document incase I decide to sell). For you US folks I picked up the car for roughly $72k usd at the time. Had I bought a gen 2 it was going to be $125k usd with low miles. I'm glad I went this route as I just drive it and if it picks up 'patina' I'll just get it refinished again and not worry about hurting the value.
Old 08-05-2017, 03:56 PM
rev28k
7th Gear

Originally Posted by tpd83911
rev28K - all good advice on this car. Asking price puts the car into privately owned 997.2 GT3s with similar mileage - lot to be said for purchase from a long-term owner. Depends on what you want. Stock seats so nothing special there. Get DME before even looking - may save you the trip. Also ask for photo paint-meter photos across all panels - easily done and good info. Many PCCBs switched to steel for many reasons. Some remove and sell or keep to sell later with car if removed before replacement needed. Good luck.

Thanks to a buddy of mine at a Porsche dealership, I was able to obtain the original MSRP/build sheet of the subject GT3. The dealership's selling price is quite high for non-PCCB. I asked to split the cost of ceramic rotors at a selling price of $98k+T,T,L from their listed price of $105k but closest they can go is $104k. KBB has the car valued at $95k w/PCCB while NADA valued at $97k w/PCCB respectively.

Some positives from visual inspection and test drive is that this is a clean car. I didn't have a paint meter but the paint appears to be in immaculate condition. Interior is in excellent condition without any major scratches/scuffs. Clutch felt great with no slippage.

Again, thanks for all of the inputs. Looks like the search will continue...

Old 08-07-2017, 04:29 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by rev28k
Thanks to a buddy of mine at a Porsche dealership, I was able to obtain the original MSRP/build sheet of the subject GT3. The dealership's selling price is quite high for non-PCCB. I asked to split the cost of ceramic rotors at a selling price of $98k+T,T,L from their listed price of $105k but closest they can go is $104k. KBB has the car valued at $95k w/PCCB while NADA valued at $97k w/PCCB respectively.

Some positives from visual inspection and test drive is that this is a clean car. I didn't have a paint meter but the paint appears to be in immaculate condition. Interior is in excellent condition without any major scratches/scuffs. Clutch felt great with no slippage.

Again, thanks for all of the inputs. Looks like the search will continue...

LOL basing GT3 prices on KBB and NADA...
Old 08-07-2017, 04:45 PM
rev28k
7th Gear

Originally Posted by sixtyfiver
5 owners does not scare me, but the last owner kept it for a very short time and barely put any miles on the car, that could be an indication that something needs attention. The pictures represent a car that has seen plenty of sunlight, possibly parked outside now and then. The areas behind the tires show pitting that is typical of high speed driving on less than very clean roads. Imo the car has not been babied, it was driven without much regard, I could be wrong but thats my .02.
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
LOL basing GT3 prices on KBB and NADA...

While at the dealership, they gave me trade-in figures based on NADA and KBB prices of my Nissan GTR as well, so I think it's fair to evaluate their subject GT3 in the same fashion.

In addition, the following GT3 is at a better price point. I just preferred the convenience of not having to travel to another state.

https://huntsville.porschedealer.com...tallic+1008162
Old 08-07-2017, 05:25 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 173 Posts

Another pricing input...

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-2007-gt3.html

I will concede that this car is priced probably a little low, but it is good to see some cars start to descend back into reality.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:54 PM
lcrain
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by rev28k
While at the dealership, they gave me trade-in figures based on NADA and KBB prices of my Nissan GTR as well, so I think it's fair to evaluate their subject GT3 in the same fashion.

In addition, the following GT3 is at a better price point. I just preferred the convenience of not having to travel to another state.

https://huntsville.porschedealer.com...tallic+1008162
I think what cosmos was trying to say is that kbb and nada give very little indication as to the actual value of these cars.

Run away from the cobalt as fast as you can. It's history has been well documented, in this very sub-forum.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:29 PM
rev28k
7th Gear

Originally Posted by lcrain
I think what cosmos was trying to say is that kbb and nada give very little indication as to the actual value of these cars.

Run away from the cobalt as fast as you can. It's history has been well documented, in this very sub-forum.

Icrain, can you link me to the sub-forum of the Cobalt issue? All I could find was the scummy dealership in Westmont trying to sell a damaged & rusted GT3 with "clean CarFax"

And thanks for the explanation on behalf of Cosmos. I know how you feel about KBB and NADA. I was just stooping to the dealership's level when they slapped me with NADA and KBB values of my GTR
Old 08-07-2017, 06:34 PM
rev28k
7th Gear

^^^Icrain, don't worry about it I found the sub-forum post
Old 08-08-2017, 09:21 PM
andrewdr
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Listed my car on Autotrader at $94,000 ($90,000 for RL). Looks like it is priced competitively, stock seats are also included.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:06 PM
Belinko
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 81 Posts

IMHO the asking price is too high.

For reference: .1GT3 with 10K miles for $100K
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...7-997-gt3.html

For refernce: .1GT3 with 15K miles for $90K
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...ck-street.html

Last edited by Belinko; 08-11-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:07 AM
andrewdr
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Reenlist price is $90,000, with all of the extras, sell them and you are in the mid to low $80's for an extremely well cared for car.
Old 08-14-2017, 01:36 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Belinko
IMHO the asking price is too high.

For reference: .1GT3 with 10K miles for $100K
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...7-997-gt3.html

For refernce: .1GT3 with 15K miles for $90K
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...ck-street.html
This guy is probably in the market

Quick Reply: 997.1 GT3 Pricing