Old 05-08-2017, 05:46 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts
Default DSC Sport Tuning Academy

DSC Sport Tuning Academy

Welcome to the DSC Sport Tuning Academy, a YouTube series in which we will be releasing step-by-step tutorials on navigating the software and how to perform specific functions.

Note: the DSC Sport Tuning Software is intended for use with Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems.

Lesson Guide

sales@dscsport.com | (410) 799-7798
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Last edited by DSC Sport; 08-18-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:47 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Lesson 101 - "Downloading, Installing, and Establishing Communication"

In the first episode of the DSC Sport Tuning Academy, Jordan walks you through how to download and install the tuning software and USB driver, as well as establishing communication between the software and controller using the "Read All" function.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:48 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Lesson 105 - "Reading, Writing, and Checking your Firmware Version"

In these week's Tuning Academy lesson, Jordan walks you through how to Read your .pdts (calibration) file, write a new .pdts file, and check your firmware version.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:37 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 195 Posts

Tom, great thread! Looking forward to more!!
Old 05-09-2017, 10:53 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 914 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Tom, great thread! Looking forward to more!!
Thank you! Jordan deserves all the credit. Looking forward to seeing more DSC Sport Tuning Academy videos myself.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:54 PM
changster123
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts

This is great. I want to see more advanced tuning topics like if you feel your car is doing this, you can try dialing things in like this... etc
Old 05-10-2017, 03:06 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by changster123
This is great. I want to see more advanced tuning topics like if you feel your car is doing this, you can try dialing things in like this... etc
We'll get there! we're in the low 100s now. All 100-level lessons will just focus on obtaining, understanding, navigating the very basics of the software, as well as non-tuning software functions like data logging and reading fault codes. Then we'll go into each table and all the parameters of it and how to do it. Eventually I want to do something that sort of mimics a case study. So as customers call up with requests or things they want to change, I'll use those as a teaching lesson in the tutorial "customer wanted x, so we did y and z to get him there and this is how we do it"

Glad you guys are enjoying it!

~Jordan
Old 05-10-2017, 06:14 PM
changster123
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC Sport
We'll get there! we're in the low 100s now. All 100-level lessons will just focus on obtaining, understanding, navigating the very basics of the software, as well as non-tuning software functions like data logging and reading fault codes. Then we'll go into each table and all the parameters of it and how to do it. Eventually I want to do something that sort of mimics a case study. So as customers call up with requests or things they want to change, I'll use those as a teaching lesson in the tutorial "customer wanted x, so we did y and z to get him there and this is how we do it"

~Jordan
Nice one. That's the idea!
Old 05-10-2017, 07:12 PM
modoz61
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is great stuff thanks, cant wait for more
Old 05-10-2017, 08:07 PM
steve porter
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

As a fearful Luddite I am so glad it works so well straight out of the box.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:42 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Great product, great support.

It's why we're authorized resellers and installers.
Old 05-12-2017, 03:14 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,443 Likes on 2,250 Posts

Originally Posted by DSC Sport

~Jordan
can't wait!
Old 05-17-2017, 08:27 PM
kpl
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jordon or Tom- Thanks for the video's. Just plugged it in the other day and am looking forward to having 2 days of autocrossing this weekend to play with it. Do the "Slightly firmer than stock file" and "Substantially firmer than stock file" on your site change anything in normal mode from the standard DSC settings? In other words, do those files only firm things up when in sport mode, leaving normal mode the same?
Old 05-18-2017, 06:43 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 914 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by kpl
Jordon or Tom- Thanks for the video's. Just plugged it in the other day and am looking forward to having 2 days of autocrossing this weekend to play with it. Do the "Slightly firmer than stock file" and "Substantially firmer than stock file" on your site change anything in normal mode from the standard DSC settings?
For the 997 platform, the stiffer files only affected the comfort parameter(at less than 0.3g force). Some drivers find the minimum damping percentage of 1% to be too soft in DSC Normal mode so we have 5% and 10%. DSC users can change these values to their personal preference at 0.1% increment via DSC tuning software. DSC Sport mode is usually 5% or 10% higher than in DSC Normal mode. For example, DSC Developer Mike Levitas prefer 1% in his GT4 for street driving, whereas I prefer 7.5% in my GT3. Again, this is for street comfort at <0.3g. For spirited driving on street and for track the g-force is well above 0.3g which triggers up to 100% in both DSC modes.

Originally Posted by kpl
In other words, do those files only firm things up when in sport mode, leaving normal mode the same?
These file affect only the comfort parameter in both modes.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:03 PM
DSC Sport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Lesson 103 - "Troubleshooting a Connection Error"

We're back with another episode of the DSC Sport Tuning Academy! In Lesson 103, we walk you through how to troubleshoot a connection error.

Particularly on initial installation, some users experience difficulty establishing communication with the DSC Sport Tuning Software. This is usually due to a mismatch between the COM Port your computer is using for the CP210x USB driver and the COM Port the DSC Sport Tuning Software is looking for. In this lesson, we walk you through how to match your computer's COM Port settings to that of the Tuning Software. Reminder: Always close out of the Tuning Software and disconnect and reconnect the DSC Sport controller after making any COM Port changes!

Quick Reply: DSC Sport Tuning Academy