Bypass Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 10:09 PM
modoz61
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sk8erpope
Thanx guys for your feedback.

@jaundice: I believe the GMG bypass is pretty much the same design as the EVOX bypass, so I think it will make no difference sound- and dronewise. But thanx for your offer.

@ilko: I can controll my flappers with a button in the dashborad. So when they are open, I have a drone around 3000rpm, when I close the flappers there is a minimum drone, not to bad but you can feel and hear it.

I believe the tube size of the EVOX bypass is to big, which is probably responsable for the drone. On the SW or the RSS bypass for example, the tubes are pretty small compared to the EVOX. So this is maybe the difference. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the only reason I can imagine.
I'm pretty sure that @ilko is referring to a carnewal control box (or similar) that allows you to control the flaps irrespective of engine revs

the button on the dash only works below 3000 rpm from that point on the flaps are open whether you have the button pressed or not.

The other benefit of the carnewal control is it remembers the mode it was last in when the engine is shut down. So no scaring the begeezuz out of your neighbours on startup when sneaking out for an early run
Old 05-04-2017, 11:04 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ngng
let's talk about those welds though
First thing that came to mind, did a 5 year old weld that thing?
Old 05-04-2017, 03:14 PM
ngng
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
First thing that came to mind, did a 5 year old weld that thing?
no, because a 5yr old coulda done better

Quick Reply: Bypass Question