Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Books and literature on Porsche GT cars?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 03:55 PM
DWNDRAFT
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Books and literature on Porsche GT cars?

I really enjoy having some technical >nerd< literature and info on all the cars I own.
Is there any good books on the GT3 (996+997 especially) cars with engineering and development details, statistics etc?

Let me hear what you recommend
Old 04-17-2017, 11:58 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

^^That was a bit harsh.

I've also looked for books in the past but haven't found much in the way of literature outside the factory that is specific to our cars. The later editions of Excellence Was Expected and other books do mention the 997 GT variants but not in great detail.

The best sources have been magazine articles by professional writers. I've also been able to purchase factory product information & technical brochures that were given to dealers' sales staff and technicians when the cars were new. There is a lot of info there. They were relatively cheap for a while on Ebay. I have the 996 and 997-1 GT versions and the 997-2 Carrera edition. I have not been able to find a 997-2 GT version, I don't think they made it. They did however make hard cover promo books on the 997-2 GT cars - GT3, RS 3.8, & 4.0. I have those and they seem to pop up quite often on Ebay.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:00 AM
DWNDRAFT
Instructor

Originally Posted by ilko
^^That was a bit harsh.

I've also looked for books in the past but haven't found much in the way of literature outside the factory that is specific to our cars. The later editions of Excellence Was Expected and other books do mention the 997 GT variants but not in great detail.

The best sources have been magazine articles by professional writers. I've also been able to purchase factory product information & technical brochures that were given to dealers' sales staff and technicians when the cars were new. There is a lot of info there. They were relatively cheap for a while on Ebay. I have the 996 and 997-1 GT versions and the 997-2 Carrera edition. I have not been able to find a 997-2 GT version, I don't think they made it. They did however make hard cover promo books on the 997-2 GT cars - GT3, RS 3.8, & 4.0. I have those and they seem to pop up quite often on Ebay.
I been thru Excellence Was Expected, its OK, but as you say not that detailed. Same for the the Essential companion 997 book.

I will search for more of the press material online, all tough I think I have seen most.
Old 04-18-2017, 04:05 AM
DWNDRAFT
Instructor

Originally Posted by grizfish
Why don't you investigate for yourself and offer something before acting like a helpless ..........

Do not confuse polite and helpless. You will come of so, well... helpless.

Quick Reply: Books and literature on Porsche GT cars?