Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3, preparing for spring projects

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 05:00 PM
DWNDRAFT
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default GT3, preparing for spring projects

I am preparing my >new< GT3, getting it ready for me to enjoy when spring comes around. Thought I would share some of the little projects here, as I did via instagram: DWNDRAFT

New PS4S tires mounted and a complete suspension setting check done. As I am 80-90% street I want to go with stock setup for now. I was surprised to see the car was setup with quite a lot of front toe in, and needed a little corrections in camber and toe in all corners.

Ride height is stock in all 4 corners, sway bar in the middel setting.
Caster, toe and camber set to stock numbers.

The hunter equipment is really nice, and send you a link with an electronic report on before and after. The bench in completely floating and there is no lifting on the chassis during the procedure, to disturb the suspension travel/setting.

Centerlock nuts was cleaned and new optimol grease added. + new center caps.

Front wheels has some stone chips on the flat spokes, so had them refinished. The paint had to be ordered in premixed. The process was stripping the paint, prime, black base coat and then the titanium color. The paint code is called "EP8", btw.

Refinished, with new tires mounted and balanced using road force measurements. New paint is dead on match to existing rear wheel rim color.

Nobody can live with these "tire-mold-vent-hairs"...

Old 04-17-2017, 05:08 PM
DWNDRAFT
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The trip to the alignment was also the first trip with my new exhaust.
This is SS center exhaust, with a trumpet/megaphone design and cross-over, (much like the GMG design). It sounds absolutely amazing! above 4K rmps is sounds like you are driving in a tunnel, really addictive. I have not yet tried it with the valve plug disconnected...

3.5" separate slip-on tips, with a nice finish

I never did a "iphone exhaust video", as these never present the sound good anyway.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:47 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 188 Posts

Pretty cool stuff! What tires did you have on before? Let us know how the MPS4s are once you put some miles on them.

Quick Reply: GT3, preparing for spring projects