Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

997.2 GT3 Insurance Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 08:16 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

For those with USAA, be prepared for a fight regarding valuation. Ask me how I know.

If anything, your best bet for the Porsche's would be an agree value. American Collectors has an agreement with USAA, but they know as little about the valuations of 911's as the old lady down the street. Again, ask me how I know.

If you have good credit, Leyland or even the more expensive option which means Hagerty would be my recommendation based solely on experience with losses.

Michael
Old 04-01-2017, 09:53 AM
grrrmonster
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Bundle all your insurances and shop the package to an independent agent. Sometimes affinity group membership opens up discounts too. Slim down the coverages to what is essential- many insurance companies make you buy coverages you don't need. Raise deductibles. Lots of variables that affect rates
Old 04-04-2017, 11:27 AM
GoatFarmer
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Safeco has an agreed value option. I insure all of my cars with them including 2 agreed value Porsches and 3 regular use cars via a broker. Interestingly, the 997.1 GT3 is insured for $100k with a $2k deductible at $250k/$500k liability limits for $1295 annually and the 997.1 C4 has the same limits with standard valuation for $1149 annually.

The rates provided by my broker were better than what I had at Grundy prior to switching. Grundy also frowned upon driving the car anywhere outside of a car show or event. Driving to work was an absolute no no. Safeco doesn't have limits on use.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:16 PM
abcut973
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grrrmonster
Bundle all your insurances and shop the package to an independent agent. Sometimes affinity group membership opens up discounts too. Slim down the coverages to what is essential- many insurance companies make you buy coverages you don't need. Raise deductibles. Lots of variables that affect rates

^ I have to agree with that! Work with an agent and bundle homeowners and cars.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:28 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Curious if others think similar. I have been driving for 14 years, 0 at fault accidents. I have my deductible at $2.5k , have all overages and maximum overages ($500k). Have all cars to normal DD miles, just in case. Even though that is not the case - however i pay $40-60 a month premiums on each of my car, a month, due to my deductible being high.

My rational. I did the math of low deductible vs. a higher deductible and as long as i don't crash/ have an at fault accident in 1 year, it pays having a higher deductible. 14 years without an at fault accident....too bad my insurance does not offer higher deductible and pay lower premiums...That said, if i had a minor $1-2k fender-bender, i would still avoid getting insurance involve. Hence even more rational getting a higher deductible.

Do others think the same ?
Old 04-04-2017, 05:39 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GoatFarmer
Safeco has an agreed value option. I insure all of my cars with them including 2 agreed value Porsches and 3 regular use cars via a broker. Interestingly, the 997.1 GT3 is insured for $100k with a $2k deductible at $250k/$500k liability limits for $1295 annually and the 997.1 C4 has the same limits with standard valuation for $1149 annually.

The rates provided by my broker were better than what I had at Grundy prior to switching. Grundy also frowned upon driving the car anywhere outside of a car show or event. Driving to work was an absolute no no. Safeco doesn't have limits on use.
Does not mean it's true across the board. I have had terrible experience w Safeco on 2 occasions. Both not at fault for me. I dropped Safeco. They had 8 cars w/ me + home + business. Monthly premiums were San Francisco house payments, to say the least. You would figure, they wouldn't want to lose the business...
Old 04-04-2017, 06:08 PM
bubba928
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm a USAA member for many years. They may be a bit more expensive, at times, but, they PAY. At least for me, enough said.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:36 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 129 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by bubba928
I'm a USAA member for many years. They may be a bit more expensive, at times, but, they PAY. At least for me, enough said.
Without agreed value USAA would not give me anything close to what my 997 RS is worth. Otherwise I love them.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:29 AM
YnotGT3
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
Curious if others think similar. I have been driving for 14 years, 0 at fault accidents. I have my deductible at $2.5k , have all overages and maximum overages ($500k). Have all cars to normal DD miles, just in case. Even though that is not the case - however i pay $40-60 a month premiums on each of my car, a month, due to my deductible being high.

My rational. I did the math of low deductible vs. a higher deductible and as long as i don't crash/ have an at fault accident in 1 year, it pays having a higher deductible. 14 years without an at fault accident....too bad my insurance does not offer higher deductible and pay lower premiums...That said, if i had a minor $1-2k fender-bender, i would still avoid getting insurance involve. Hence even more rational getting a higher deductible.

Do others think the same ?
I agree 250/500 minimum with a PLUP and 2k deductible.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:35 PM
GoatFarmer
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Luv2XcelR8
Team,
Are there any Grundy red flags? Based on all of my due diligence, they seem like a good option.
  • Ensure all licensed drivers in the household have a regular use vehicle with the same limits of liability as the Grundy policy.
  • Drivers under the age of 25 may have to sign a document indicating they will not drive the GT3 and NSX.
  • Grundy isn't limited mileage, but instead limited use. Don't bring the cars to the office, shopping centers, etc...
Old 04-05-2017, 07:44 PM
tasman
Race Car

I have Grundy and not happy or unhappy. No claims experience and hope I never do. I would really like an unlimited
use and mileage policy but most of them don't have agreed value. My reading of Grundy policy was ok to bring to office etc on rare occasions just don't use as a daily.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:27 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 114 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by bubba928
That's a bit ambiguous. Every insurance pays and it's just a matter of when and how much.

Originally Posted by tasman
Without agreed value USAA would not give me anything close to what my 997 RS is worth. Otherwise I love them.
USAA will not give an agreed value policy. If you have one, it's with American Collectors through an agreement with USAA members.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Luv2XcelR8
Team,

I am getting some outrageous insurance estimates and stipulations. Please keep in mind that I have a flawless driving record (zero points/zero accidents).

Currently I am with Allstate, and to add my new 997.2 GT3, they are talking in the $3.5K range per year. Previously I had a 2012 GT-R Black Edition insured through them, and it was $1,200 per year.

The car will only see 5K mile per year or less since it is not my DD. What companies are you guys using? Any recommendations/ agents that you recommend I work with?

I looked into Haggerty and Grundy, but they want me to insure at least two collector cars with them due to the "newer age" of the 2010 911 GT3.

I am getting frustrated over here! Currently, I have her insured on my Allstate policy, but I need to find a better solution.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

-T
I use Haggerty for my 2010 - only car insured with them - premium is around $25xx p.a

contact Steve Stepanian at stepco insurance in L.A, he's a rennlister and will help!
Old 04-06-2017, 08:47 PM
tasman
Race Car

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit
USAA will not give an agreed value policy. If you have one, it's with American Collectors through an agreement with USAA members.
Yeah I know. Have my regular stuff with them but did not care for American Collectors policy when I was researching so went elsewhere for agreed value

Quick Reply: 997.2 GT3 Insurance Help