Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Wide Front End

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 12:26 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,835 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Originally Posted by F1CrazyDriver
It was many moons ago when i tried nt01's - i don't recall size. But i suspect you're right.
You have a tq monster which i can understand the need for wider rear. The gt3 is like a girl with B cup ***** and asking to use a DD size lol. I'm speaking of the .1 . I have not driven a .2 in anger. I just feel it's a lot of rubber in the back, again i'm probably wrong - just stating my opinion on a .1 w 299 lbs of tq.
Where I find the extra rubber and grip of the 335 most beneficial is under hard trail braking keeping the rear more composed and also in high speed sweepers helping keep the back end pinned. Neither of these scenarios depend on the amount of torque the car makes. Of course it's nice to have extra grip under acceleration also but I don't notice the difference to be that noticeable as I can easily light up the 335s also. Just my observations...
Old 11-08-2016, 10:51 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by powdrhound
Where I find the extra rubber and grip of the 335 most beneficial is under hard trail braking keeping the rear more composed and also in high speed sweepers helping keep the back end pinned. Neither of these scenarios depend on the amount of torque the car makes. Of course it's nice to have extra grip under acceleration also but I don't notice the difference to be that noticeable as I can easily light up the 335s also. Just my observations...
i suppose. from my experience in norcal owning both 996t and 997 gt3 i would respectfully & politely disagree from my perspective on a 335 needed for trail braking. i ran 305's in my 996t for most part only issue for me, was the tq when getting on the throttle at the apex, throttle oversteer. i have driven a gt2 996 well setup with k24's (IC, tune, exhaust, ohlins blah blah blah) and my k16 996 and the way the power delivery comes up is night and day difference. i have also driven a 996t evoms, also night and day difference. again all imo, k16's with exhausts and tune the response is much (can't even put in same category) sharper - hence my comment from above of WHY i said wider for rear due to TQ. but back to OP - try something and see how it goes. I met someone at the track this weekend and he swears by the BFGoodrich g-Force R1 over all other R comp tire . After getting a ride with him, the man can wheel - will take his advise and try them.

p.s. i'm not sure what exhaust you have however that makes a MAJOR difference on how the back-end feels for trail breaking.
When i had the oem exhaust you can definitely feel it in the rear.
When i went to straight pipes, the car become so compose at the rear.
Then i installed the exhaust i designed and it went back more towards the oem tendency, even thought my exhaust only weight ~20lbs.
Weird stuff.

Quick Reply: Wide Front End