Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Ebay 'bestracingmotors" GT3 lip, RUN AWAY

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 10:43 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Ebay 'bestracingmotors" GT3 lip, RUN AWAY

I recently bought a 997.1 GT3 lip on ebay from a seller "bestracingmotors" after seeing some decent reviews here on rennlist. I got the lip and the finish is awful, there are several spots where the matte finish is shiny and a 3" long scratch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281204299566

I contacted the seller and they pretty much told me to pound sand because I should have expected it to have scratches. They also told me to wipe the lip with a warm rag and some soapy water which did nothing because the marks are imperfections from the mold. Then they accused me of damaging the lip because I didn't know how to wipe it per the instructions, WTF?

Just a warning to stay away from these guys. It seems like their quality has gone down and their customer service is even worse. I'm going to order a CUP lip from FVD or another forum sponsor now. Lesson learned.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:29 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,773 Likes on 1,081 Posts

Motorsport Lip (no ducts): 997.505.983.90

Any shop w/a motorsport account can get these. Buy a few and keep on the shelf.

Keep in mind the motorsport lips I've gotten most are not perfect, may have a few mar marks on them, etc. Most wouldn't notice, but the non-motorsport parts will have much higher QC (at a much higher price and less effective aero).

And they hang at least an inch lower.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:34 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Originally Posted by Spyerx

Keep in mind the motorsport lips I've gotten most are not perfect, may have a few mar marks on them, etc. Most wouldn't notice, but the non-motorsport parts will have much higher QC (at a much higher price and less effective aero).

What is the average price of the motorsport part #?
Old 09-19-2016, 11:35 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

What is the average price of the motorsport part #? Is that one a 997.1 specific part #?
Old 09-19-2016, 12:40 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,773 Likes on 1,081 Posts

There are 2 motorsport lips for the .1 cars. With or without ducts. The .2 cars have a different part number.
I don't know what cost is on the m/s part, used to be about 125 or so... but they've been going up.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:49 PM
Fisher
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

Over the past 6 years I have purchased lips from 2 dealers that were 3 to 4 times the $ charged by "bestracingmotors".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281204299566?rmvSB=true
I bought 2 of their lips this year. One is a spare. The texture of the finish is not exactly the same as OEM lips, but doesn't seem bad to me, just a bit different. Also, all the OEM lips I have purchased were not the same texture, so what the hey!? For the $$, they can't be beat. No scratches on the lips they sent me. They were both packaged in plastic and inside good cardboard boxes that did not distort their shape. Beat the hell out of the rolled-up CUP lips sold for twice the $.
Old 09-19-2016, 05:28 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Originally Posted by grizfish
Over the past 6 years I have purchased lips from 2 dealers that were 3 to 4 times the $ charged by "bestracingmotors".

05 08 Porsche 911 997 GT3 Front Bumper Lip Urethane | eBay

I bought 2 of their lips this year. One is a spare. The texture of the finish is not exactly the same as OEM lips, but doesn't seem bad to me, just a bit different. Also, all the OEM lips I have purchased were not the same texture, so what the hey!? For the $$, they can't be beat. No scratches on the lips they sent me. They were both packaged in plastic and inside good cardboard boxes that did not distort their shape. Beat the hell out of the rolled-up CUP lips sold for twice the $.
The texture of the finish is fine with me over 95% of the lip area, but this thing has some ugly marks on it that are shiny compared to the rest of the lip. Looks like a small dog chewed on it or some chemicals melted the finish or something. Mine came in a plastic bag in a cardboard box too.
Attached Images     

Last edited by CosmosMpower; 09-19-2016 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:50 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

There are 2 motorsport lips for the .1 cars. With or without ducts. The .2 cars have a different part number.
I don't know what cost is on the m/s part, used to be about 125 or so... but they've been going up.
Looks like it's gone up quite a bit 215 but still better than this ebay pos.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:29 PM
Modena 1
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
The texture of the finish is fine with me over 95% of the lip area, but this thing has some ugly marks on it that are shiny compared to the rest of the lip. Looks like a small dog chewed on it or some chemicals melted the finish or something. Mine came in a plastic bag in a cardboard box too.
I would agree with you. Doesn't look right.

Looking for the NON Motorsport 997.1 lip...The real one.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:28 PM
RAudi Driver
Rennlist Member

Received 2,867 Likes on 1,704 Posts

First of all, why is yours gray. The site has them in black and they are $79 each. Super cheap.

Can you elaborate on the quality beyond the surface imperfections.

Tabs?

Thickness of the product?

Design compared to OEM or motorsport?

One can always run a can of bumper paint over the entire thing before install and the issues you speak of would beloved.

I honestly does not look like a GT3 lip as it appears to curve back under at the bottom. Can you post up a pic further back?
Old 09-19-2016, 11:53 PM
der Geist
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never purchased anything from these guys but as someone who sells items daily on eBay I can tell you that a 99.3% rating with 32,000 feedback isn't easy. With that being said just open a return with eBay. If they don't take it back and refund you eBay will step in and make it happen. eBay almost always sides with the buyer in a dispute. Especially when it is a well documented case like yours.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:22 AM
Fisher
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

One trip across the Santa Monica Mountains to Malibu for breakfast will put more scratches on my lip.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:28 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
First of all, why is yours gray. The site has them in black and they are $79 each. Super cheap.

Can you elaborate on the quality beyond the surface imperfections.

Tabs?

Thickness of the product?

Design compared to OEM or motorsport?

One can always run a can of bumper paint over the entire thing before install and the issues you speak of would beloved.

I honestly does not look like a GT3 lip as it appears to curve back under at the bottom. Can you post up a pic further back?
Might be the lighting, looks black maybe not as deep black as oem because the finish is matte. Tabs look ok maybe a bit thinner than OEM but should still be structurally sound. Seems a little bit flimsier than OEM as well but again not going to fall off.

I twisted their arm enough to make them return it but won't be buying anything from them again. Some other negative feedback was in regards to a bad attitude to the customer. I don't care if you have 1 million feedback you don't accuse customers when they follow your specific instructions.

This is obviously made overseas 2nd or 3rd grade product with matching customer service at a dirt cheap price but YMMV. Maybe you're cool with buying new product that doesn't look new and painting it but I'd rather pay more for a better product even if it's a disposable lip. If all the scratches were at the bottom that would be one thing but they are at the top, on the side and all over. I went ahead and ordered a CUP lip from my local P-car dealer thanks to Spyrex for the part #.

Quick Reply: Ebay 'bestracingmotors" GT3 lip, RUN AWAY