Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Video Sandhills Challenge in our GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 06:36 PM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Video Sandhills Challenge in our GT3

I was finally able to get our GoPro of the early August Sandhills Challenge posted to Utube. I drove our '07 GT3 out early, my son flew out and I picked him up and we then drove out to western NE, where we teched and then the next AM staged and ran in the 95-120 mph class; we would have had to have a roll cage to run in a faster class. Chris drove, and I navigated, which just means I reminded him of upcoming over-the-hill curves. We ran up on the Viper, who later slowed to just over a hundred, trying to meet his time precisely. I also put a pencil cam on the hood. After the northbound leg (I had to shorten the video to post it on Utube), we all met for a breakfast, then ran the 22 miles back to Arnold.

When we finished, dropped Chris off at KC, then met up with the Rennlister who bought our GT3, who was pulled by the Kansas HP within a mile after leaving the airport. I am in the process of shipping my 1952 M 37 3/4 ton Army truck back to SC. 8 forward speeds, fords 40 inches, 80 inches with the fording kit. Tuff, tuff, truck. I may put a 50 cal in the truck bed.

here is the Utube Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FQd...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-10-2016, 01:03 AM
hillsdonsmith
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

The car sounds great and fantastic road also.

The army truck may, ahem, be a little different but super cool in a different way. Looking forward to more pics of that.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:34 AM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Our GT3 has the no-muffler track Sharkwerk's exhaust, and we ran with the windows up, part of their rules, and besides, made it much easier to talk. This is what the track Sharkwerk's exhaust sounds like at "full chat."
Old 09-10-2016, 10:14 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,773 Likes on 1,081 Posts

Originally Posted by NAM VET
Tuff, tuff, truck. I may put a 50 cal in the truck bed.
Most definitely do this.

Quick Reply: Video Sandhills Challenge in our GT3