COTA

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 01:14 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 217 Posts
Default COTA

Not a specific GT3 question, but since this bunch spends the most time at the track...

I am planning on taking my family back to the US this Christmas to visit my wife's family in Chicago, and well, I need a car fix while I'm in your magnificent country.

Austin is a place we've always wanted to check out and I would love to be able to drive COTA while I'm there. Obviously I will need a car so I am wondering if there are any on track "rental" type experiences for this track? Any other Porsche or car related experiences to catch whilst in that part of Texas?

Any advice appreciated!
Old 07-20-2016, 02:21 AM
blackoutz
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

I would look up Longhorn driving academy at COTA. They have several Porsches for rental and heard very good things about them.
http://www.longhornracingacademy.com

Hope that helps

Blaine
Old 07-20-2016, 12:23 PM
Misdirection
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could really go for it, do something a bit different and drive a Wolf.

http://motorsports-sw.com/arrive__drive

Dean is a good guy.

The other question will be what track events are available during your timeframe. I think Edge Addicts might have an event in December, but that should be confirmed.

If COTA isn't available, TWS is not too far and not too expensive to rent on a weekday. Though they are purportedly shutting down sometime near the midpoint of December.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:27 PM
Drew_K
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not aware of any organizations that you can arrive and drive with at COTA, so I think your best bet is to investigate which clubs are renting the track during your time window and separately arrange to rent a car. Clubs that I know run on COTA are Drivers Edge, Edge Addicts, Porsche Club, BMW Club, and CHIN. However, most clubs take time off over the holidays so you may be in for a challenge depending on when you're available.

It would be a great trip if you can arrange it. Austin is a lot of fun (I lived there for 3 years) as is COTA (driven it 10+ times).
Old 07-22-2016, 09:50 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 217 Posts

Thanks for the advice all! Austin would most likely be at the end of the trip meaning sometime in the middle part of January. I would be up for driving at other tracks, I just wasn't aware there were rental companies that rent out cars and allow track use (apart from those based at a particular race track like exotics racing etc).
Old 07-24-2016, 01:00 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 347 Likes on 159 Posts

Maybe not the most moral but you could rent someone's pcar via Turo and hit the track that day with it. Or even ask if you could and pay them extra along with proof of insurance, etc.

Quick Reply: COTA