Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

CL locking pin sticking?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 03:34 PM
bovien
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CL locking pin sticking?

Have you guys noticed the locking pin sticking a bit? Both rear wheels (torques to 445 lb/ft for at trackday) pin was sticking so the CL bolt could not engage. Needed to push/tab on the locking pin to break it free.
Is this normal or does it point to any needed refurbishment of the CL mechanism?
The pin is the only part not to be greased, but in this case, it seemed that it needed it

Any experiences?
Old 05-24-2016, 03:43 PM
Laertes
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...-annoying.html
Old 05-24-2016, 09:46 PM
thekid96
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1/2" socket extension and hammer, done
Old 05-24-2016, 11:56 PM
lmnsblu355
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have had to clean and lightly grease the splines and spring loaded locking mechanism once before. I believe that water causes light corrosion making them stick.

The mechanism can be disassembled easily using a snap ring pliers. To reassemble, there are threads for a bolt that can be used to compress the mechanism to replace the snap ring. Unfortinately, I didn't take pics when I did mine. Not difficult to do.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:17 AM
bovien
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thekid96
1/2" socket extension and hammer, done
Probably better than a screwdriver,yes

Originally Posted by lmnsblu355
I have had to clean and lightly grease the splines and spring loaded locking mechanism once before. I believe that water causes light corrosion making them stick.

The mechanism can be disassembled easily using a snap ring pliers. To reassemble, there are threads for a bolt that can be used to compress the mechanism to replace the snap ring. Unfortinately, I didn't take pics when I did mine. Not difficult to do.
This makes sense. Didn't think of the water but I pressurewashed the wheels and the brakes also stuck a bit. Amazing if water can acutally get in there, without the car actually being submerged

Quick Reply: CL locking pin sticking?