Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Installed Sharkwerks muffler bypass on 997.2 Holy SH*T!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 04:45 PM
jakeg
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Installed Sharkwerks muffler bypass on 997.2 Holy SH*T!

Just bought a Sharkwerks bypass from Alex last month and installed it on my 997.2. The car had 2 stuck bypass valves as well. Took it to the dealer and had them replace the valves (under CPO) and had them install the muffler as well.

Drove it 2 days ago. HOLY COW does it sound amazing!! My friend, who owns a slew of exotics, was behind me and commented that it was one of the best sounding exhausts he had heard in a while.

Kudos Alex and Sharkwerks! You guys put out an awesome product!! Cannot wait to drive the monster again!!
Old 04-30-2016, 01:28 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

I wonder how a sharkwerks would sound in my .2RS? Any sound clips?
Old 04-30-2016, 01:51 AM
jakeg
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thxbuff2001
I wonder how a sharkwerks would sound in my .2RS? Any sound clips?
Not yet, i'll work on sticking a gropro on the back and inside the car, although i dont think it will do it justice, since a lot of the experience is also visceral, since there is a certain amount of resonance (?) (NOT drone!!) that comes through to the driver.

Interestingly enough, the factory exhaust actually droned around 3k rpm or so. With this muffler, its totally eliminated..

Now, it totally passed the wife test, all i got was a bit of the eyeroll, but she didnt complain at all..
Old 04-30-2016, 10:39 AM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Here are some sound clips of Sharkwerks/evoms headers, 200 cell cats, and bypass

https://youtu.be/na6U5mQ6XNM
Old 04-30-2016, 11:22 AM
jonwb
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by jakeg
Not yet, i'll work on sticking a gropro on the back and inside the car, although i dont think it will do it justice, since a lot of the experience is also visceral, since there is a certain amount of resonance (?) (NOT drone!!) that comes through to the driver.

Interestingly enough, the factory exhaust actually droned around 3k rpm or so. With this muffler, its totally eliminated..

Now, it totally passed the wife test, all i got was a bit of the eyeroll, but she didnt complain at all..
That last part made me laugh! My wife's name for the GT3 is "The Loud Car". As in, "I suppose you're going to want to take The Loud Car". ...and I have my SW center muffler bypass in a box in the garage waiting for me to install it!
Old 04-30-2016, 11:55 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by bmwtye
Here are some sound clips of Sharkwerks/evoms headers, 200 cell cats, and bypass

YouTube

GT3 Drive 2 - Sharkwerks Headers and Exhaust - YouTube

https://youtu.be/na6U5mQ6XNM

Amazing sound. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-30-2016, 07:06 PM
etchhead
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jonwb
That last part made me laugh! My wife's name for the GT3 is "The Loud Car". As in, "I suppose you're going to want to take The Loud Car". ...and I have my SW center muffler bypass in a box in the garage waiting for me to install it!
Leave it in quiet mode for her and bypass for you. Awesome setup and if you add a manual switch for the valves even better!

Quick Reply: Installed Sharkwerks muffler bypass on 997.2 Holy SH*T!