Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

What fluid can that be?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 11:27 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by misterwaterfall
OT: How do you like them? Getting ready to do my garage down the road in Issaquah and thought I was going to have to grind before doing the epoxy but wouldn't mind a simpler solution.
Acid is nasty and I used a fresh air system with goggles but it surfaces correctly

I like mine but now they now have a nice tan color that might be a better fit for my house. I would not use the flakes to speckle the floor as you'll spend too much time looking when you drop a nut
Old 03-20-2016, 12:14 PM
kiku
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The flakes are for grip, without it epoxy gets slippery, FYI
Old 03-21-2016, 12:40 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by kiku
The flakes are for grip, without it epoxy gets slippery, FYI
I thought the flakes were put on before the final protective coat, which would have smoothed any grip they could impart.

For grip, I used the packages of antislip, which looked like clear standard Salt crystals, on the final coat. 7 years later and it is still a great surface and no slipping in our Seattle garage
Old 03-21-2016, 12:51 PM
kiku
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
I thought the flakes were put on before the final protective coat, which would have smoothed any grip they could impart.

For grip, I used the packages of antislip, which looked like clear standard Salt crystals, on the final coat. 7 years later and it is still a great surface and no slipping in our Seattle garage
In my experience - flakes did OK for grip. But seems like you applied something else over the final coat to mitigate the slip. I'll have to try that next time, as you are right the flakes make it easy to lose sight of small items.

Quick Reply: What fluid can that be?