Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

can ecu replacement hide overrevs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 09:08 AM
Reid55
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
They may be experienced with a turbo but certainly not with physics. That's not how inertia nor F=MA works. You CANNOT accelerate mass without applying force. That flywheel will not accelerate itself and will spin no faster than the direct output from the ICE provided it. The only other additional force that could be applied would be gravity (or a collision). Even the cork screw is not steep enough to provide gravity assistance to overrev an ICE in a 911 (given avg 911 wt/pwr/etc.) Countering forces from wind and tire resistance will almost always be greater than an assist by incline when at speeds where misshifts occur.

Essentially people making the same argument that inertia from the flywheel is what caused the overrev are making the same argument as people who say the car 'sped up' when spinning from asphalt to grass. It's a poor understanding of physics.

No argument from me. Not my area of specialty but I know it happens and I know in my case it is not a slow right foot....so we've eliminated 2 things :-) Thanks.

Quick Reply: can ecu replacement hide overrevs?