Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2008 GT2 for sale, 15,216 miles, added pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 02:12 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 122 Posts

Modified cars always trade for far less than clean examples especially in this market where all The action and huge price tags are car with no stories going to collectors

A 30%+ discount likely exists to that market for all other cars - you may find differently but that's what I've seen
Old 03-17-2016, 09:34 PM
fastmover
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTHO
OP - I think you have priced this car just right. There will be buyers here. Just need to be patient for someone serious willing to show you the money. Lots of tire kickers and silly/unrealistic asking prices.

Would take Nick's advice too. If you don't move the car soon or can wait, be worth considering spending money to revert back to stock. Just don't know how real these $200k asking prices are.

If I didn't have this robot panda 991 RS, we would work something out. 997 GT2s are keepers for life. I've (briefly) had one so I know.

GLWS! Someone is going to have some awesome memories for life.
It can wait a while longer before deciding to return back to stock, I don't understand the lack of interest in the car, it is extreme well built and maintained, we purposely didn't mess around with power upgrades because that's when reliability suffers and maintenance costs skyrocket, like Rangers build, what do you think refreshing or repairing that engine is going to run? On top of how long the service intervals ala cup car intervals.
Besides this car is a fast bitch on the track in stock power levels, we had Tom long (Mazda prototype driver) dial in the set up, and in his last drive in the car, he exclamated " don't touch a thing" and then went on to a 2:48 lap time on VIR Grand course with all nanny AIDS still on.
It's a sure bet car, no monkey business or BS to deal with, gas it up and burn some pavement in a remarkably communicative and predictable car, easy to drive and the turbos really do not affect the cars track capabilities, like many people seem to think about turbos on track cars.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:44 PM
fastmover
Pro

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
I'm not a fan of leaving money on the table. If others are publicly listed at that price, no reason this car can't get up there as well. If a RLer were serious about buying this thing, it would have been a Mooty deal- money transferred, car already sent, no muss no fuss. RLers are a strange group, sometimes the best deals come and go without a peep. @165K this car is the steal of the current crop of 997 GT2s, but I bet it'll get sold @200K on AT which would still make it the cheapest GT2 there by over 10K.
I agree with everything you have said in you response, and I may put it up on AT just for sh*ts n giggles.
I have had people contact me with crazy lowball offers, and all I can do is shake my head and laugh, they must think money is an issue and want to try to capitalize on it.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:00 PM
fastmover
Pro

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
I'm not a fan of leaving money on the table. If others are publicly listed at that price, no reason this car can't get up there as well. If a RLer were serious about buying this thing, it would have been a Mooty deal- money transferred, car already sent, no muss no fuss. RLers are a strange group, sometimes the best deals come and go without a peep. @165K this car is the steal of the current crop of 997 GT2s, but I bet it'll get sold @200K on AT which would still make it the cheapest GT2 there by over 10K.
Originally Posted by Saru385
i think the challenge for this car, the SW 3.9 that is being discussed in another thread and Ranger's 4.2L RS is that they are all heavily modified and therefore will be attractive to a smaller cross section of people.

we've seen that on here for some other cars that were even less extensively modified, where the owner had to return the car to stock before it got bought. when i was looking for my GT3, if i saw a car that had much more than SW center bypass, i moved on.

i'm sure the right buyer is out there for this car. GLWS.
That's the whole thing I don't get, maybe it's just because I've been working on Porsches for so long, I can spot a car that has been over modified and is surely cost prohibitive the replace, or repair properly without a good network or shop. Cars like Rangers and such are beautifully done, but I think scares away many people because of the perceived costs involved if something went wrong.

This cars while having a lot of work done to it, is basically all bolt on parts, with all of the unmolested take off parts to go with it, and I mean everything. It can go back to a pristine stock car in a matter of a weekends time. There has been nothing intrusive done to this car at all, part of this build plan was intentional just for that reason. There are no holes drilled, carpets or sub structures beneath the carpet cut, plates welded onto the chassis afterwards to fit anything, and it still performs amazing, matter of fact, this car was eating up Rangers RS at VIR a few years back and it's on video doing so.
And I absolutely mean no disrespect towards Rangers car what so ever, because that is an amazing build!
Old 03-17-2016, 11:27 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmover
That's the whole thing I don't get, maybe it's just because I've been working on Porsches for so long, I can spot a car that has been over modified and is surely cost prohibitive the replace, or repair properly without a good network or shop. Cars like Rangers and such are beautifully done, but I think scares away many people because of the perceived costs involved if something went wrong. This cars while having a lot of work done to it, is basically all bolt on parts, with all of the unmolested take off parts to go with it, and I mean everything. It can go back to a pristine stock car in a matter of a weekends time. There has been nothing intrusive done to this car at all, part of this build plan was intentional just for that reason. There are no holes drilled, carpets or sub structures beneath the carpet cut, plates welded onto the chassis afterwards to fit anything, and it still performs amazing, matter of fact, this car was eating up Rangers RS at VIR a few years back and it's on video doing so. And I absolutely mean no disrespect towards Rangers car what so ever, because that is an amazing build!
I personally would be in on it but have too many other projects going on
Old 03-17-2016, 11:31 PM
///BLACKLABEL
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

My offer was not a low ball.

Seems like a bad *** car. Good luck w the sale!
Old 03-17-2016, 11:37 PM
Leica 993
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ///BLACKLABEL

BLACKLABEL has exactly the type of cars in his stable that represents the perfect buyer for this car. GLWS
Old 03-18-2016, 12:06 AM
fastmover
Pro

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I personally would be in on it but have too many other projects going on
Understood....
But would one more really hurt?
It would look great next to my favorite car on your list.... CGT, I LOVE driving those and working on them as well!
Old 03-18-2016, 12:10 AM
fastmover
Pro

Originally Posted by ///BLACKLABEL

No worries about your offer, it wasn't my intention to infer that yours was, I've had several offers other then yours, sorry if I made you think I was referring to you, that wasn't my intention.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:29 AM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love it
It's a decent value as is
If buyer does not like it they could put back to stock sell off the parts and move on without a scratch imho

I wish I could do it

Private school is a bitch
Old 03-18-2016, 09:33 AM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with everything you have said in you response, and I may put it up on AT just for sh*ts n giggles.
I have had people contact me with crazy lowball offers, and all I can do is shake my head and laugh, they must think money is an issue and want to try to capitalize on it.
I just did another basic AT search. 996 GT2 prices have spiked, anything with less than 30k miles is at the $150k mark. 997 GT2 prices are still at $200k+/- for the ones with asking prices.

I said this before, people here are strange. You may not find a buyer on RL. This sub forum loves NA cars and looks down on turbocharged GT cars. Whether it's faster or not is immaterial to them because quite frankly the NA cars are thrilling (or scaring depending on your POV) them with the noise and "feel." On track I don't even bother swapping tires anymore, I just run my street tires (Super Sports) and let the big dog eat. Track days are literally bring a helmet and tire pressure gauge now, turn off the nannies and I don't worry about the rear PCCBs. If I need bigger thrill I'll road race my shifter or lay down kart (i.e. dedicated race vehicle).

I love my GT2. Wouldn't trade it for a NA GT car (well, maybe a CGT but even then probably not, not a Q ship).
Old 03-18-2016, 11:37 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,374 Likes on 635 Posts

Understood.... But would one more really hurt? It would look great next to my favorite car on your list.... CGT, I LOVE driving those and working on them as well!
Yes. I have six cars for sale myself! Mostly because I have too many coming in...
Old 03-18-2016, 11:53 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 122 Posts

It'll sell for 140ish as is

Not sure who is buying these stock for 200, but maybe there is a buyer there

Quick Reply: 2008 GT2 for sale, 15,216 miles, added pics