Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Track Day Insurance - Found something Interesting

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 03:31 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,104 Posts

Just talked to the open track guys this AM to add my C2 to my policy. Nice thing is additional cars are really low cost - policy is based on most expensive car value. On the math, if you do more than about 10 days a year it's well worth it. Policy is very flexible, covers all track time OTHER than any competitive events (no time trial, no racing), including private events, etc.

I use state farm for everything else. The specialty policies are too limiting for my use.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:12 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Just talked to the open track guys this AM to add my C2 to my policy. Nice thing is additional cars are really low cost - policy is based on most expensive car value. On the math, if you do more than about 10 days a year it's well worth it. Policy is very flexible, covers all track time OTHER than any competitive events (no time trial, no racing), including private events, etc.

I use state farm for everything else. The specialty policies are too limiting for my use.
I also use State Farm for normal Car Insurance and used to also be able to drive the Car at DE's as long as I didn't expect coverage on the track which I accepted.

State Farm in Ontario, Canada has been purchased by the Certas Insurance group though and they will not renew the Insurance Policy on my Car if I plan on taking it to the track even if it is a DE.

I am now looking for an Insurance provider for one of my cars that I would like to drive on the street as well as DE's. I will give the Open Tracks folks a call with the hope that they extend coverage to Canadien residents.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:25 PM
Jamie_GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Didn't know they'd do a 2nd car for $150.00! I'll get this going for both the 997RS and the new 991-3... well worth the peace of mind!
Old 02-14-2016, 09:35 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,104 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie_GT3
Didn't know they'd do a 2nd car for $150.00! I'll get this going for both the 997RS and the new 991-3... well worth the peace of mind!
I guess they figure you can only drive one car at a time. Keep in mind they only insure you driving the car...
Old 02-15-2016, 09:47 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used TheOpenTrack.com/Ben as well since May last year. No need to file a claim thankfully.

Benefits:
*Covers car to any value ($1MM, $2MM, whatever)
*Low 5% deductible
*Underwritten by high-rated publicly traded company (Aspen)
*Covers all events except racing/TT
*No need to sign up for each event on a web site, just go and drive, you are covered!
*Add additional cars for only $150 each. Many drivers have a stable, just add them all and no worries for 12 months.
*Dirt cheap pricing for a heavy tracker. I did 22 event in 2015, so annual premium /22 in my case is per event insurance cost.

Bottom line: $$$ car + many events = no-brainer choice.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:30 AM
solarblack
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I only use - OnTrackinsurance.com
Only one that uses a fully “Admitted Insurance Co.”
True “Agreed Value”
Great pricing
Owned by a Porsche racer great service- call Steve
Old 02-15-2016, 02:48 PM
ELange0322
Rennlist Member

Received 215 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by paddock
I only use - OnTrackinsurance.com
Only one that uses a fully “Admitted Insurance Co.”
True “Agreed Value”
Great pricing
Owned by a Porsche racer great service- call Steve
Does OnTrack cover Canadian events, and do they have a max on agreed value ? I thought there was some limitation there. I have Lockton now because they covered Canadian events, but their max $150K on agreed value leaves me with a bit of exposure that I want / need to cover against. Thank you.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:37 PM
cavlino
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
I've used TheOpenTrack.com/Ben as well since May last year. No need to file a claim thankfully.

Benefits:
*Covers car to any value ($1MM, $2MM, whatever)
*Low 5% deductible
*Underwritten by high-rated publicly traded company (Aspen)
*Covers all events except racing/TT
*No need to sign up for each event on a web site, just go and drive, you are covered!
*Add additional cars for only $150 each. Many drivers have a stable, just add them all and no worries for 12 months.
*Dirt cheap pricing for a heavy tracker. I did 22 event in 2015, so annual premium /22 in my case is per event insurance cost.

Bottom line: $$$ car + many events = no-brainer choice.
This^
Old 02-21-2016, 07:09 PM
RedRSA
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also a better option of doing one-day events - with Lockton a single day event costs the same as a 3+ day.

Again not wishing ill on anyone, but given this appears to be relatively new, how are they at covering claims - any experience? Easy, timely, good payout?
Old 02-21-2016, 07:48 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Based on a 100k plus car; if you do less than 5 events a year lockton is fine. Anything more you are better with what I suggested in my original post. Plus not having to register each time and only 5% deductible makes it a no brainier. That said in my profession I deal with insurance companies on a daily basis; you never truly know how good or more importantly how bad they are until you have to file a claim.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:35 PM
C-gt3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in the process of buying a policy....
it's like half price of a lockton 9 or 12 policy event ...
how do you beat that... sure helps keeps the cost down and ease of mind....
now i can go after that last two seconds that's been eluding me! lol

Quick Reply: Track Day Insurance - Found something Interesting