Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Finally in the market for a GT3! Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 05:53 PM
bobaines
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Talk to Mike or Tom at TPC about what you are looking for as far as driving feel, and how you plan on using the car. I think you will be pleased with what they can deliver.

Last edited by bobaines; 12-04-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:50 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by LateBraking
....on the PCCB, and if you want yellow calipers, well, they're yellow. Don't think people without the PCCB mind it too terribly.
Best of luck.
Yellow calipers are an accent color that makes darker paint colors pop!
Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2016, 07:29 PM
blaksquirrel
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have a .1 with the factory PASM coil-overs... I recently did the "bump steer" correcting mono ball links front and rear and that made a HUGE difference for the better in the way the car feels. Much more stable on any uneven pavement especially in corners.

My GT3 was my first Porsche, just go easy. Good luck on the search!
Old 04-29-2016, 03:30 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChrisF
My $.02 of things to consider:

- If mooty gives you advice, listen. He knows more about GT3's than possibly anyone here or elsewhere
- Don't limit your search to local cars; look nationwide. There is an amazing network on this board for tracking down owners, history and local trusted PPI sources. I found my car in PA, had it PPI'd locally and bought it sight unseen and shipped it. With proper due diligence, this is a workable solution
- Do not rush into this until you know exactly what you want.
- Be prepared to act quickly when you find what you want. Don't quibble over a few thousand $$. It's not worth it if you end up getting a solid car from an honest seller.

- If you're worried about future value, depreciation, miles - seriously consider something else.

Originally Posted by Runner
...snip!
Lot of 997 RS owners are bubble wrapping them, therefore retiring from track use and will potentially be looking at the .1 or .2 GT3 to add to their fleet for track purposes. IMO these cars will not go down in price but up.
Has anyone noticed that GT3RS are over twice the price of GT3?
For 5hp and a body kit, does that $175k RS premium make the GT3 look like a bargain?

If RS are really selling at those levels wouldn't this apply upward pressure on GT3s?

991Rs will have a manual and those appear to be $200k -$250k out the door

Originally Posted by NJRickD
I just went though this recently so my only advice would be to find the one you want and be ready to strike when it pops up. And you need to be diligent in watching all the forums for FS posts as well as the Autotrader/Cars.com sites. I was pretty picky with what I wanted and had some "must haves" so my search took me just shy of a year and while prices did continue to rise, I ended up with what I feel was a good deal. I missed out on 3 cars that I would have bought because I hesitated, 1 by a day and 1 by 3 hours. Be prepared to ship the car or go pick it up and drive it home. Probably a small chance in finding something local but you never know. When I saw the car pop up that was my color, had almost everything I wanted (except front lift) and after missing 2 in the previous few months, I called the dealer immediately and gave him a deposit after a 5 minute negotiation to knock a grand off the price and waive the dealer fees. I did the PPI after I put the deposit down because I didn't want to lose the car. Worst case, I lost the $500 deposit and that was a chance I was willing to take on this car.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:07 PM
757driver
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They sure look like a bargain to me! The only way I can justify a toy costing this much to myself or my wife is they are not likely to loose money! It doesn't hurt that they are fun as hell and very reliable either.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:41 PM
abcut973
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 757driver
They sure look like a bargain to me! The only way I can justify a toy costing this much to myself or my wife is they are not likely to loose money! It doesn't hurt that they are fun as hell and very reliable either.
Man I didn't realize you were looking for a while. Any luck on that GT silver?
Old 04-29-2016, 04:49 PM
757driver
Instructor

The guy gets in town today to look at it. I should hear something tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:32 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

It appears a white one has popped up that might fit your need
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262392598589
Old 04-30-2016, 04:11 PM
abcut973
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
It appears a white one has popped up that might fit your need
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262392598589
Will save you some time on this one. It is a beaten one with range 5 over revs if I recall. Was for sale at Jim Ellis for a while. Price went from $120k to $109k at some point then it disappeared. Came back on ebay a week ago
Old 04-30-2016, 05:59 PM
757driver
Instructor

Thanks guys! I love this forum!

Quick Reply: Finally in the market for a GT3! Advice needed