Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Euro GT3 "CGT" buckets - question about bolts

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 07:38 PM
code.monkey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Euro GT3 "CGT" buckets - question about bolts

Hey guys, I have a pair these seats that I'm getting ready to put in my .1 GT3. Trouble is, I'm missing the original bolts and nuts that secure the seat side mounts to the seat rails, e.g. these two:-

These parts don't seem to be available separately from Porsche, so I'll have to pick them up from another supplier. My question is, is there anything special about them, or will anything of appropriate strength do? Are there any washers / plates that go in to spread the load? Maybe I'm overthinking this, but I want to err on the side of safety.

Does anyone have these seats, and if so, would you mind taking a look at what you have? Maybe take a picture for me to have a look at?

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Sam
Old 11-01-2015, 09:14 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 654 Likes on 293 Posts

Just figure out the thread size/pitch and length and mrmetric.com will be your friend, or mcmaster.com
Old 11-02-2015, 07:12 PM
code.monkey
Advanced

Originally Posted by FLT6SPD
Just figure out the thread size/pitch and length and mrmetric.com will be your friend, or mcmaster.com
Thanks, I'll check 'em out!
Old 11-03-2015, 08:07 AM
NAM VET
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

a nearby ACE hardware has a long row of specialty fasteners in slide out box trays, I can usually find whatever I need for this and that at the store. They have higher grade metric and SAE too. Some may be Chinese, though. And you might check the ARP site for what you need, they make a lot of sturdy bolts too. If you just want to see what the pitch and thread is, for a new bucks at an ACE you can buy a sample of bolts and see what you need. Another source is Pegasus Racing, they have a big assortment of aircraft grade fasteners, you might find an easier fit with cap "screws."

all the best....

NV
Old 11-04-2015, 04:41 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Having just had my cgt seats out to be recovered, these bolts have a serrated head that cuts into the alloy to 'lock' them in plus some blue lock tight.
Old 11-04-2015, 04:44 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

just noticed the square holes at the back of the seat bracket- these have special washers with a square 'peg' that sits in these holes for the seat belts- hope you got these?
Old 11-04-2015, 03:09 PM
powdrhound
Rennlist Member

Received 1,892 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Sam,
Porsche has these available separately. They are in PET. Have you checked with your local dealer? Any dealer can get them for you, they are cheap. They are the same parts as the ones on 996GT3 Euro buckets or 96-98 Boxster with manual seats for example as the seat rails are the same. Each respective seat rail will requires 2 threaded plates (986.521.643.00) into which 4 bolts (986.521.659.00) will screw in. This secures the two seat side mounts to the seat rails in the back. In the front, the seat rails have 2 threaded studs per side that stick out each rail which will require 4 nuts (900.910.00.307). I'm quoting the amounts of nuts and bolts to do one seat. Google these part numbers but I'm pretty sure this is what you need.

You can see the seat rail diagram here. The basic rails are the same on your seats. You can go to the dealer and have them pull up this exact schematic for a CGT or 997GT3RS with the Euro bucket seats.

http://www.jimellisporscheparts.com/...chString=seats

Last edited by powdrhound; 11-04-2015 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:08 PM
code.monkey
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ur20v

Having just had my cgt seats out to be recovered, these bolts have a serrated head that cuts into the alloy to 'lock' them in plus some blue lock tight.
Cheers, yeah, these look like the bolts that attach the side mounts to the seats, and I have these ones.

Originally Posted by Ur20v
just noticed the square holes at the back of the seat bracket- these have special washers with a square 'peg' that sits in these holes for the seat belts- hope you got these?
Not yet, but I have them on order!

Originally Posted by powdrhound
Sam,
Porsche has these available separately. They are in PET. Have you checked with your local dealer? Any dealer can get them for you, they are cheap. They are the same parts as the ones on 996GT3 Euro buckets or 96-98 Boxster with manual seats for example as the seat rails are the same. Each respective seat rail will requires 2 threaded plates (986.521.643.00) into which 4 bolts (986.521.659.00) will screw in. This secures the two seat side mounts to the seat rails in the back. In the front, the seat rails have 2 threaded studs per side that stick out each rail which will require 4 nuts (900.910.00.307). I'm quoting the amounts of nuts and bolts to do one seat. Google these part numbers but I'm pretty sure this is what you need.

You can see the seat rail diagram here. The basic rails are the same on your seats. You can go to the dealer and have them pull up this exact schematic for a CGT or 997GT3RS with the Euro bucket seats.

http://www.jimellisporscheparts.com/...chString=seats
Thanks John, but the rails I have don't have those threaded studs, and that threaded plate doesn't look like it would fit the spacing of the holes on my side mounts. Going by this diagram the rails are different on the 996 seats.

No matter, I'll just order from a supplier, should be able to figure something out. Cheers guys!

Quick Reply: Euro GT3 "CGT" buckets - question about bolts