BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 552 Likes on 317 Posts
Default ]BBi Autosport Porsche 997 GT3 / GT3RS StreetCup Exhaust Now Available

Attachment 1344394

BBi Autosport Porsche 997 GT3 / GT3RS StreetCup Exhaust Now Available

Shedding weight is one of simplest ways to add performance to your Porsche. Unfortunately, reducing weight on the already slim GT3 is rarely an inexpensive task and the factory exhaust system is already very well designed for optimum power delivery. The only drawbacks to the factory system is a muted exhaust note that was designed to comply with the local laws and appeal to a wide customer base, and the excess weight.

We addressed those flaws when we designed our exhaust system for the 997 GT3. Most other aftermarket exhaust systems on the market replaces the secondary center muffler and the performance gains and weight savings are minimal. The factory secondary exhaust weights approximately 20 pounds and the average secondary muffler bypass weighs approximately 7 pounds, which equates to only 13 pounds of weight savings.

We took a more unorthodox approach and bypassed the much heavier primary side mufflers. The primary mufflers are weigh approximately 44 pounds total while our bypass pipes are 4 pounds in comparison. For durability and protection against corrosion, each system is meticulously TIG welded using 304 aerospace grade stainless tubing with lower carbon content. The result is a substantial reduction in weight behind the rear axle which significantly improves handling and less restriction to produce a much more aggressive exhaust note.

Inspired by Porsche’s motorsport program, the Street Cup name represents the culmination of our winning experience in professional motorsports and the extensive R&D efforts with our in-house fabrication, suspension engineering, and engine development programs. All of the experience gained with our successful racing background combined with state-of-the-art materials and the highest quality manufacturing have yielded an upgrade package worthy of the Porsche name.

Key Features
  • Delivers deep aggressive exhaust sound
  • Significant weight reduction of 40 pounds
  • 304 stainless steel aerospace tubing
  • Meticulously TIG welded
  • Brushed stainless finish
  • Stainless hardware and clamps
  • 100% emissions legal
  • Will not void warranty
  • Factory secondary mufflers and catalytic converters are all retained
  • 50 state emission compliant
  • Direct bolt on replacement
  • Compatible with 997 GT3 and 997 GT3RS models
  • Made in USA
For all questions or to place an order, please email us at Jerry@BBiAutosport.com or Sales@BBiAutosport.com
For up to date information of current shop activities, projects, and product releases, please follow us on our Facebook and Instagram accounts:

https://www.instagram.com/bbiautosport
https://www.facebook.com/BBiAutosport
[/FONT]

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram

Last edited by BBiAutosport; 09-24-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:14 AM
Runner
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 113 Posts

This is going to be my next project. Question: should I replace my OEM headers and Cats with your system? If so, what headers and cats work best for sound and performance.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:40 PM
r6elmo
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

to clarify - the title says 997 but the description says 991.

Runner - it looks like it's a replacement system for the side mufflers, so you don't have to replace your OEM setup. however it does appear power is made with better headers. The design looks to feed the stock center muffler and cap off the top entry.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:39 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by r6elmo
to clarify - the title says 997 but the description says 991.

Runner - it looks like it's a replacement system for the side mufflers, so you don't have to replace your OEM setup. however it does appear power is made with better headers. The design looks to feed the stock center muffler and cap off the top entry.
That is correct. That was an error on my part as the side muffler bypass are the same parts for both the 997 and 991. Here are pictures of our BBi 997 GT3 StreetCup Exhaust Bypass Installed for reference:

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Old 09-24-2015, 06:41 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

To make significant gains, the headers must incorporate design elements such as being equal legnth tubes and advanced merge collector designs.
These requirements can make it very challenging to make it all fit within the space constraints and to manufacture.
To give everyone a better idea to create a proper set of headers, here is our experimental race header design that our Skunkworks Department have developed below.

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Old 09-24-2015, 07:21 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

dyno charts before/after?
Old 09-24-2015, 07:49 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
dyno charts before/after?
Larry, the horsepower and torque gains for the side bypasses here are insignificant and not its main selling point. The weight savings and sound are its best selling points.

If you are referring to the headers pictured here, we do have dyno charts from 2 different dynos showing an approximate 12hp gain. It will be posted when we do an official release post for Project Yoda.

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Old 09-24-2015, 07:53 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

actually (and pls dont take this the wrong way) I was actually more interested in seeing if there were any significant (local) losses over the rev range
Old 09-24-2015, 08:44 PM
Modena 1
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

This looks to be a great product.

I have a question. I had heard that removing the cans in the back reduces back pressure and so can reduce torque at low rpm (although you get more up top) is this true?

I would be interested but I would not want to sacrifice any tq quite frankly...(until I change the ridiculously long gearset at least)
Old 09-24-2015, 08:46 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Modena 1
This looks to be a great product.

I have a question. I had heard that removing the cans in the back reduces back pressure and so can reduce torque at low rpm (although you get more up top) is this true?

I would be interested but I would not want to sacrifice any tq quite frankly...(until I change the ridiculously long gearset at least)
hence my before/after dyno chart question...
Old 09-24-2015, 11:40 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 296 Posts

+1

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
actually (and pls dont take this the wrong way) I was actually more interested in seeing if there were any significant (local) losses over the rev range
Old 09-25-2015, 05:22 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Those headers are on a 4.25L built, low end torque isn't an issue. :-)

This is my car. BBI side delete pipes, 100 cell cup car headers (not those pictured above), OEM/Stock GT3 steel center muffler. I don't have a before the exhaust unfortunately. This is on Cobb dyno in SoCal, before and after their access port tune, same day runs. You can probably ignore the numbers below 3-4k on both graphs as I'm not sure when they got on the gas. This is rear wheel horsepower.

I thought had a stock 2007/8 in their DB, but I can't find it, so the 2nd graph is my car (2007 RS, stock + exhaust) compared to a 2010 (stock). 3rd graph is tuned for tuned. These are all on Cobbs same dyno, general dyno caveats apply... different days etc. I think it was same tech (Mitch) who was doing both however.

My opinion in drivability: you don't lose anything because if you're lugging these cars under 4k you're driving them wrong.

Old 10-03-2015, 02:37 PM
a_Y
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ]BBi Autosport Porsche 997 GT3 / GT3RS StreetCup Exhaust Now Available

Those headers look sexy!

Does a 3.6 motor benefit from those? Or an increase in capacity is a must?
Old 10-03-2015, 03:49 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Yep the headers look interesting. Reminds me of Supersprint. Price, what material, and weight?...any idea how well they would work with a stock 3.8? I asked Betim about building me something like that several months ago but never heard back from him.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:50 AM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Perfect timing for "Fabrication Friday". Next, here are pictures of our BBi Porsche GT3 StreetCup Exhaust bypass meticulously handcrafted in our fabrication department.

Quick Reply: ]BBi Autosport Porsche 997 GT3 / GT3RS StreetCup Exhaust Now Available