code.monkey
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice, congrats!
Old 09-11-2015, 07:57 PM
KDAWG97M3
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Guys quit lying to him about those seats. They are awful and look terrible and I will gladly help him by taking them off his hands so he can do the right thing and put sport seats in it. now everyone be honest with the poor guy. I will reluctantly give you cash for those horrible seats.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:31 PM
sixtosune
Instructor

Originally Posted by KDAWG97M3
Guys quit lying to him about those seats. They are awful and look terrible and I will gladly help him by taking them off his hands so he can do the right thing and put sport seats in it. now everyone be honest with the poor guy. I will reluctantly give you cash for those horrible seats.
I couldn't agree more with the post above. As a matter of fact, I too will reluctantly give cash for those horrible bucket seats, AND throw in a pair of mint GT3 sport-adaptive seats to boot.

Congrats on the GT3; I know how You feel about wanting to keep them both; I went through a similar situation when I got my GT3. Good news is the more You drive the GT3, the less You will miss the C2S.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:49 PM
ftlaud911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She is my ultimate dream car that is affordable. Got my tag registered finally. Been busy at work so haven't had time. I can sum it up with everytime I turn the key it's an experience. The shaking, loud engine noise, and the feeling of complete bliss. Took the S to dinner and it's such a smooth ride. Definitely the perfect daily driver. It seems so civilized compared to the Gt3. I thought they were going to be redundant, but they are two completely different cars that share the same NB. They are Dr. Jeckyl and Mr Hyde. There is no question which key I will grab to go for a drive. I took my girl for a ride finally and she was terrified. She loves the S, but once she got out she was in shock. She said that it seemed like a caged animal wanting to rip your head off. I was laughing hysterically as she was looking at her hands shaking. I'm sure you all can relate. Good thing is now when I want to go for a spirited drive she probably won't come. All I hear is slow down slow down. I wasn't even speeding..lol
Old 09-14-2015, 02:13 PM
ftlaud911
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I took the car over to my parents house yesterday. My mom loved the color, but wouldn't take a ride in it. My dad took out the camera and starting doing a photoshoot. It was funny since he kept asking me to move out of the picture as he went around the car taking different angles. I took him for a ride up to the gas station. Told him to put his head against the headrest. He looked nervous after I said that. Gave him a nice pull to 7500 and then into second. Didn't want to give him a heart attack. Got out at gas station and told him to drive it home. He said no at first, but I told him he had to feel the car to understand. He pushed in the clutch and was like wow! Told him that is normal and you get use to the pressure. He cautiously pulled out of the gas station and to my surprise he started ripping through the gears till third. He actually smiled and started laughing. We got home and he rushed in to tell my mom about his experience. He was like a kid at Christmas. It was cool to see him so excited. He is normally impossible to get a smile/laugh out of. Mind you he is 70 so to see him punch it was shocking.

Figured you guys would get a laugh out of the story. I know I did and it was a great experience. This car doesn't disappoint.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:22 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what a wonderful story about your Dad
Old 09-14-2015, 04:04 PM
bobaines
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great story about your Dads reaction. Very nice looking car. Another recommendation for the Sharksworks center delet.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:46 PM
hds10
Advanced

Very nice car, congrats.
Old 09-14-2015, 08:56 PM
jackb911
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by ftlaud911
I definitely plan to get a bypass, but can't decide what brand yet. It's either a Shark or GMG. I am leaning toward the Shark for the ability to change tips. I do like that the GMG has the pass through connecting the two sides. Don't know how much of a difference it makes sound wise. Is the Fabspeed comment about losing HP hold any water?
I believe the "Fabspeed losing HP" thing has to do with their air filter setup which replaces the much more efficient factory airbox - which is a real cold air intake, unlike the Fabspeed which is a HOT air intake for sure.

Most guys on here are fans of the Sharkwerks center muffler bypass. Had I had the choice, I'd have gone with the Sharkwerks or the GMG bypass, probably the latter because of the balance pipe between the tail pipes.

The PO of my GT3 had bought a new Fabspeed center muffler bypass but hadn't gotten around to installing it before he and I swapped Porsches (long story). It came in a box with the car and I eventually had it installed while it was at Goldcrest Motorsports for an alignment & corner balance and I have to tell you...it sounds freaking GREAT. It is very nicely made, all 100% polished stainless with nice welds, it is a quality piece. And it has the balance pipe. But Fabspeed just doesn't get a lot of love on here. I also had a Fabspeed muffler on a 964 RSA I used to have and I was equally pleased with it.

I believe that Fabspeed's rep is somewhat besmirched by their (alleged) cold air intake kits and the open air filter covers they sell for the air cooled 911's which absolutely add no HP and may decrease it in some instances. Their GT3 setup definitely is a detriment power-wise over the stock setup.

Bottom line: I doubt there is a noticeable HP increase with ANY of the available center muffler bypass setups out there - on a stock engine. Maybe with a proper tune, yes, there may be a bit of top end power added, possibly with a loss in some low end torque, though.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: New to Me - GT3