Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

colored seat belts

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 08:58 AM
964TURBOCHAS
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Default colored seat belts

Is the swap out a DIY or a dealership job?
difficulty on a scale of 1-10

Thx
chas
Old 07-26-2015, 10:41 AM
C4SGRPDK
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

There you go

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ual-guide.html

for more DIY:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/t...sche-911s.html
Old 07-26-2015, 11:16 AM
964TURBOCHAS
Pro

hey thanks C4S :-)
Old 07-26-2015, 02:41 PM
Dervish
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 49 Posts

To add, if you have a clubsport rear cage fitted this is a real PITA job but doable, without it's a simple process as detailed in links.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:56 PM
/five
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

Just did this last weekend at the same time I installed the CGT seats --easy job but I felt it was simplified having room to crawl around with the seats out. Make sure you have a non-marring plastic trim removal set. I did encounter only example so far on this car of what I feel to be ****-poor engineering--the snap-together cover for the seatbelt. What an unnecessarily fiddly POS.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:26 PM
964TURBOCHAS
Pro

Originally Posted by Dervish
To add, if you have a clubsport rear cage fitted this is a real PITA job but doable, without it's a simple process as detailed in links.
I do have a clubsport cage.......whats the issue please?

Chas
Old 07-28-2015, 05:20 AM
Dervish
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 964TURBOCHAS
I do have a clubsport cage.......whats the issue please?

Chas
This is speaking from a 996 point of view but I think the clubsport cage on 997 also bolts to same points by the side of the seat mount, right in front of the trim piece you need to pull back to access the seatbelt tensioner. There was only just enough room to pull this back and squeeze a hand in there to remove the arming wire for tensioner. It was a real PITA to put the wire back in when refitting. With the cage removed the trim panel can be removed or moved right back to allow full and easy access to tensioner and arming cable.

You will need to remove seats.

All in, once I figured out the process it took about 90min to do both sides including cut knuckles and swearing.

To add, totally agree with post above, the cover on the upper seatbelt part is the most stupid bit of engineering on the car.
Old 07-28-2015, 10:40 AM
964TURBOCHAS
Pro

Originally Posted by Dervish
This is speaking from a 996 point of view but I think the clubsport cage on 997 also bolts to same points by the side of the seat mount, right in front of the trim piece you need to pull back to access the seatbelt tensioner. There was only just enough room to pull this back and squeeze a hand in there to remove the arming wire for tensioner. It was a real PITA to put the wire back in when refitting. With the cage removed the trim panel can be removed or moved right back to allow full and easy access to tensioner and arming cable.

You will need to remove seats.

All in, once I figured out the process it took about 90min to do both sides including cut knuckles and swearing.

To add, totally agree with post above, the cover on the upper seatbelt part is the most stupid bit of engineering on the car.
Screw that....
Ill leave the stock black ones in for now LOL
Old 07-28-2015, 03:09 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Originally Posted by /five
Just did this last weekend at the same time I installed the CGT seats --easy job but I felt it was simplified having room to crawl around with the seats out. Make sure you have a non-marring plastic trim removal set. I did encounter only example so far on this car of what I feel to be ****-poor engineering--the snap-together cover for the seatbelt. What an unnecessarily fiddly POS.
+1 its a PoS... mine keeps coming off now!

Quick Reply: colored seat belts