To GT3 or not is the question

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 07:52 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by RAudi Driver
And that's why the salvage title.
Disagree, I am saying there is no such thing as a quarter panel hit salvaging a $80K + car it was more damage than that

The most expensive/best body guy in NorCal charged $20k for a door and quarter panel repair on a GT3 that had a bad day at Laguna. I saw the car before and after, that didn't salvage that car
Old 07-20-2015, 09:15 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Disagree, I am saying there is no such thing as a quarter panel hit salvaging a $80K + car it was more damage than that

The most expensive/best body guy in NorCal charged $20k for a door and quarter panel repair on a GT3 that had a bad day at Laguna. I saw the car before and after, that didn't salvage that car
I bought a car awhile back from an insurance company that had a 30k repair estimate, sounds very similar to this situation (hit in the left rear quarter, bounced off of a tire wall at Road America). The car was drivable and none of the suspension/engine were touched when we put it on the alignment rack prior to repairing anything.

Had a salvage title and the prior owner sold it to the insurance company under a convenience buyout. By no means should it have been sold or salvaged; but it was because of the long term customer and the insurance company both agreeing on a fair market price for the car.

It is possible, but I am sure none of it is always as clear cut as a 10k Toyota Camery versus a non-conventional car such as a Porsche/Ferrari/Lambo/etc. I am sure that is probably some of the point you are trying to elude to.

Quick Reply: To GT3 or not is the question