Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sharkwerks

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,792 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Originally Posted by modoz61
IBut additionally we have designed a 5 hole washer with locking tabs and replaced the bolts with hex heads and will also be applying a little threadlocker for overkill.
do you plan to sell those? pics of the design?
Old 07-16-2015, 12:00 PM
LewSF
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She needed a new water pump. I also went with the lightweight flywheel and clutch plate...and pulley. And the bypass exhaust. She should be ready to drive today!
Old 07-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How is that LWFW? Really changes how fast the car revs and it's shift point's!
Old 07-17-2015, 01:48 AM
LewSF
Advanced

OKay. I picked the car up from SharkWerks today and had the opportunity to drive about 175 miles this eve….half of it on twisty seacoast roads that I know like the back of my hand.

As awesome as this car was before the mods…...now its unbelievably amazingly awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really didn't expect a few things to make such a big difference.

SharkWerks bypass exhaust…you MUST have this on your GT3!!!!!! I always thought my two Ferraris might have had the edge on the GT3 in regards to exhaust notes. Nevermore!!! This mod is a real gem!!! I cannot imagine the GT3 without it. Do it!!!

The lightweight flywheel and clutch plate assembly. Wow! And to think I almost passed on this option. The car is definitely much quicker in the lower rev range. The engine is less sluggish. It certainly makes the car feel lighter (never mind he mods took off 30 pounds or so) while accelerating and decelerating. Rev match downshifts are as easy to me but the one thing I notice is that one must shift much more quickly after the throttle blip as the engine revs and also, importantly, de revs faster. I suppose what I mean is that there was more "forgive" in the dual mass flywheel which came down in revs much slower so one could be sloppy about shift timing if you over blipped. This one requires more precision in regards to timing but its an easy transition. OK by me!! Also, at lower speeds and in higher gears less throttle blip seems to be required to rev match downshift so I guess that is better for the engine.

The RSS engine mounts and transmission mount are superb! The car seems much more put together and true. I can take some hairpins a little faster or so it seems. I never liked the character of the shift under hard acceleration from first to second. That problem is now GONE! Also, that problem shifting from second to third in certain situations…GONE…and I could not even bring it out by trying to "find" that achilles heel!!

Its great peace of mind to have the coolant pipes pinned and the oil cooler coolant pipe replaced. And a new pulley that goes with the flywheel. As well as new plugs.

Well….suffice it to say that the SharkWerks crew is spectacular in regards to their products and the work accomplished. I highly recommend them and strongly advise the exhaust and the lightweight flywheel and clutch assembly. And a good GT3 steward would get the coolant pipes pinned! They do that with excellence. I'll be seeing them soon for some additional parts and perhaps an EVOMSiT tune.

Go have some fun in your GT3's this weekend!
Old 07-17-2015, 02:18 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

hey LewSF thanks so much for heading down to us... We're big fans of that area you're from too

Those 4.0 bits sure do make it more fun eh? Hopefully going to come up soon to visit SnowBoarder so I'll ping you when we do... Need to go and test the bilsteins out some...

PS After you left it dawned on me that I think your car was Joe R's originally? I thought I'd seen her before in 2012!
Old 07-17-2015, 08:45 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Lewis, I stopped by Sharkwerks yesterday to have James do a few tweaks to the 3.9 and saw your car sitting there waiting to be picked up. Glad to here you are enjoying the new mods! I got out of there early afternoon and still got in the long line of traffic ont 101😡 but had clear road the 70 miles, I took the long way home😉
Attached Images  
Old 07-17-2015, 11:56 PM
LewSF
Advanced

@ Alex….bring something with a tail on its back end and we'll all go find some roads to test whatever parts need to be tested!

@Snowboarder54…thanks for the pic! We should plan to meet up again soon. Supertramp…"take the long way home!"
Old 07-19-2015, 04:54 PM
mikes70
Rennlist Member

Received 249 Likes on 133 Posts

Question, with less reciprocating mass, does that mean less wear on the clutch? or is getting 3100lbs moving from a stand still the same amount of energy?

Looks like a must do mod.

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks