Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Classifieds Review of skillman

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 01:31 AM
FJSeattle
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Investment banks will pay exorbitant amounts of money to be closest to the mother ship's feed.

Sounds like you got scooped by a faster buyer. You should get a Goldman Sachs account in preparation for the next Rennlist dark pool purchase.
Old 06-05-2015, 02:53 AM
Fisher
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

What a bunch of wishy-washy BS. The general consensus around here changes with the wind.

I agreed to purchase a $750 item from a RL member after contacting him by PM and I immediately transferred the funds via PayPal. Later, he contacted me and said he had to give the item to a person, who contacted him first, but did not come up with the $ until the next day following my payment. He returned my $750 less the transfer fees. I no longer do business with RLers.

The seller never told me he had a previous offer until the following day.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:28 AM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 323 Posts

If I tell someone that an item is sold to them, I keep my word.

Meaning, if buyer A offers me $750 for an item and I accept, that means the item has just been sold for $750 (assuming payment delivered obviously). but if I have verbally accepted the deal for $750 and buyer B suddenly shows up with $850, I honor the deal to buyer A at the original price.

That's just how I roll. I'm not suggesting anything nefarious happened here btw.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:57 AM
skillman
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Steve. I'm also a gt3 rs (new) owner. To be clear, I did not say I would hold the wheels for split71. He said he was transferring money and from Monday to Wednesday, someone else was able to pay. Furthermore, he used the e-check method which would have taken another 5 days to actually clear PayPal (beside the point). Unfortunately we have a forum ranter on our hands. I apologized twice. I guess we need to just hug it out.
Attached Images  
Old 06-05-2015, 11:09 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

In my early years here, I had several people "change" their minds or go MIA after agreeing to purchase an item. Since then, I prescribe to the Mooty method. First with cash in my account gets item. I don't screw around.

With that said, there are MANY here that we have known each other for years and in some cases more than a decade. I have bought many times from Mooty with an item shipped to me same day and I dropped a check in the mail to him later that week and vice versa. That level of trust is established over time and the exception not the rule.

Moral of the story, be clear in your ad. I typically state price is firm and I will ignore all the BS PM's that waste my time. First with cash to hit my paypal account gets item.

ps. to the OP, this is not Yelp. This is not a forum to post reviews like this. You were not done wrong. You were not scammed.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:19 AM
skillman
Rennlist Member

Bingo
Old 06-05-2015, 11:40 AM
poofyo101
Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
If I tell someone that an item is sold to them, I keep my word.

Meaning, if buyer A offers me $750 for an item and I accept, that means the item has just been sold for $750 (assuming payment delivered obviously). but if I have verbally accepted the deal for $750 and buyer B suddenly shows up with $850, I honor the deal to buyer A at the original price.

That's just how I roll. I'm not suggesting anything nefarious happened here btw.
That is how I conduct my business. IMO the most honest way to do business.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:54 AM
skillman
Rennlist Member

To be clear, I did not take a better offer just the first person who was able to put the money in my PP account. If you don't have funds readily available to pay, use a credit card and then pay it off. Earn some points while you're at it.

Hopefully we can find something better to talk about soon.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:25 PM
aircavscout
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

about 4 years ago when purchasing a P car... I put deposit down 5K.. Told dealer I would be there in 4 days with trailer to pick up sight unseen. Dealer called me day after I paid deposit they sold car to someone else. I was furious to say the least.. 2 days later they called me back and told me guy that bought car had to return because Wifey lost her mind when he brought home.. Put deal back on table and offered me CPO for free because I was so pissed If i still bought car...

Anyways, point being.. Really nothing you can do about it.. Just business in the end. First cash in the hand generally takes the prize. Didn't expect this from P dealer but they are in business... Money talks you know what walks..
Old 06-05-2015, 01:44 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,102 Posts

First rule in sales: Take the money off the table immediately, you may never get another chance.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:13 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 1,003 Likes on 375 Posts

...and the pussifcation of America continues.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:47 PM
split71
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input and views everybody. I suppose that each of us has different ways of conducting business but if those ways are not clearly stated, then something like this happens.

I have written this thread to give future and current 997 GT2/3 owners the benefit of the doubt before dealing with this seller.

Originally Posted by skillman
Maybe I should post in the 996 board that split71 is a crybaby and don't sell to him? That would be just as ridiculous, no?
Really digging deep there Skillman? Should I highlight your other post too where you are name calling?

a slow payer and a forum ranter
Reference thread for those interested.

Wise choice of words there. Good luck with your RS ownership and dealings in the future. My advice is use your words a bit more clearly

See, no name calling needed. Really shows what kind of reputation you carry.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:00 PM
skillman
Rennlist Member

Sorry bud...I stand behind my post and my actions. I'm not out of bounds. Let's move on something more interesting.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am not commenting on this deal but in general for buying and selling.... For me a deal is a deal, agree a time line and stick to it. I would not do business with someone online that would happily accept multiple payments just to get the first and then others have to retrieve their money. Dodgy at best.

Buyers going off boil is just the nature of business but gazumping or taking multiple offers even if just for the asking price IS shady.

Same goes for cash/pick-up- fix a time and stick to it- no one wants to travel and use time and expense to find the item was sold previously but obviously if someone misses their time slot next buy is welcome.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:46 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,655 Likes on 770 Posts

"Until we have received your deposit, we must respect all potential customers and work on a first come and pay, first serve base."

Any questions?

AKA
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Classifieds Review of skillman