Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

gorgeous seats!
Old 06-23-2015 | 05:37 AM
JuanCarpantier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
is pricing on these as insane in europe as it is in the states?
Tough to say really. The part's department at my local dealership quoted me £10k GBP for a set, which is frankly obsurd. I then asked a few of the top Porsche shops in the UK if they could source some and they gave me quotes around £7K GBP for the set. Even for the truly obsessed like me, there are better options for that kind of money.

Therefore, for the last six or so months I have been keeping an eye on eBay, various Porsche forums, calling around to numerous shops at the Nurburgring (loads of GT3 parts there) and also frequently searching ads for wrecked GT3s on mobile.de that I could buy the seats off.

I eventually just got lucky and the set I purchased popped up on eBay here in the UK on a Saturday morning, a few days prior to my leaving for a two week holiday. I purchased them a few hours later after confirming their authenticity and paid well below what is considered the market value. They arrived literally minutes before leaving for the airport and I was extremely relieved to see the real items arrive at my doorstep. I was very worried that the deal was too good to be true.

I don't know the background (ie, if they came out of a wrecked car or were just removed to be sold), but I have compaired them extensively to the set in my current GT3 clubsport and they are identical. The cloth has been freshly refurbished and only a small 2mm scratch on the silver bit atop of the passenger seat where the harness feeds through.

Quick Reply: RHD CGT buckets in an LHD car