Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Headlight Washer Nozzle Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 10:17 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Headlight Washer Nozzle Stuck

I noticed today that my driver side headlight washer nozzle on my 07 GT3 looked like it was sucked in to the bumper. The driver side washer only had about 25% of it sticking above the bumper. On the passenger side the chrome nozzle dome was about twice as high. I compared to some other 997.2 GT3's and both of their nozzles were the same height as my passenger side one.

Does anyone know why my driver side one is "sunken in"? There's no signs of damage like a piece of debris hitting it or anything.

I was able to pull it up with 90 degree pick (wrapped in tape) but it's on a spring and the second you let go it sucks right back down into the bumper. I can't get it to stay at the correct height.

Any ideas what the fix is to get it back to the proper height?
Old 05-18-2015, 04:55 PM
Cbwell
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The nozzle has a clip in mechanism and mine has come unclipped before and did the same thing. As I recall, I think you can get to it by removing the front turn signal light. I ended up needing to zip tie mine as the clip ins were 'tired'. If you can't get at it through the turn signal I think you'll need to remove the bumper.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:13 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Originally Posted by Cbwell
The nozzle has a clip in mechanism and mine has come unclipped before and did the same thing. As I recall, I think you can get to it by removing the front turn signal light. I ended up needing to zip tie mine as the clip ins were 'tired'. If you can't get at it through the turn signal I think you'll need to remove the bumper.
Thanks, did you push the washer up from the bottom and zip tie the base? I was looking for you this weekend but didn't see a pumpkin at COTA.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:27 PM
Cbwell
Pro

I pushed it up and you may be able to clip it back in. I wasn't, it wouldn't stay, so the zip ties worked fine. I ended up not going due to the rain unfortunately. I heard it was still pretty fun though.
Old 05-18-2015, 05:38 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

I pushed it up and you may be able to clip it back in. I wasn't, it wouldn't stay, so the zip ties worked fine. I ended up not going due to the rain unfortunately. I heard it was still pretty fun though.
Where did you place the zip tie? Did you go in from the fog light hole and zip tie the washer in from the bottom?

Sat was completely dry. Sunday was really wet in the AM. The rain stopped around 1130 and the track started to dry around 1 and as I understand was mostly or completely dry from 2-5 PM. I left around 2 but got some semi dry runs in on Sunday.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:33 PM
Cbwell
Pro

Unfortunately I was only signed up for Sunday. I thought about switching days but didn't. My gamble didn't pay off. I think I did zip tie the bottom through the hole. it stays in place pretty good because of the clips. I've never had an issue in the last year.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:03 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

I was able to pop the fog light out quite easily. The headlight washer appears to sit inside a white plastic "silo" and I just grabbed the silo and pulled up on the whole thing and it snapped back into position.

Quick Reply: Headlight Washer Nozzle Stuck