Happy Memorial Day

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 11:09 AM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Happy Memorial Day

The best to all and be safe.
Please remember (for a moment) all those that have served past and present. The selfless sacrifice for country and a cause bigger than any of us.
All gave some and some gave all.
My family fled communism (Cuba). Arriving here this is my country. The country that gave us freedom.
In the words of soldiers, " I fight not because I hate what's in front of me BUT because I want to preserve and love what I left behind ".
Don't ever take freedom lightly. It's NOT free.

All enjoy.
Ranger
Old 05-25-2015, 11:42 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

thank you for your service. Happy Memorial Day to everyone and thanks to all who served
Tal
Old 05-25-2015, 01:21 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

thank u for all those who served..
Old 05-25-2015, 01:34 PM
jonwb
Pro

Received 90 Likes on 48 Posts

I have the privilege of having a WWII vet living next door to me. USMC, served in the Pacific (Iwo). Great guy. Came by Saturday while I was working on changing the plugs on my Boxster. Always interesting to talk to. He's obviously on in years, and his age and old injuries keep him from being able to do some things he likes to do, but I've never heard him complain about a thing. A very humble man.

My son did three tours in Iraq (USMC). I'm thankful everyday that he got through those experiences. (of course now he's a deputy sheriff, so I worry about that!)

For sure, this is a great day to remember those that have served. Every one of them a bigger and braver person than I am, and I'm grateful for their service.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:38 PM
osu s2k
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 104 Posts

thank you to all the vets, its because of their service we enjoy so much in this country
Old 05-25-2015, 03:52 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRanger
The best to all and be safe.
Please remember (for a moment) all those that have served past and present. The selfless sacrifice for country and a cause bigger than any of us.
All gave some and some gave all.
My family fled communism (Cuba). Arriving here this is my country. The country that gave us freedom.
In the words of soldiers, " I fight not because I hate what's in front of me BUT because I want to preserve and love what I left behind ".
Don't ever take freedom lightly. It's NOT free.

All enjoy.
Ranger
Right on bro well stated!
Old 05-25-2015, 07:11 PM
masti99
Burning Brakes

Received 106 Likes on 87 Posts

Thanks for all the unselfish acts of valor performed by our armed forces!
Old 05-25-2015, 10:08 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks Ranger and everybody else who sacrificed.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:03 PM
tommyg500
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's right Ranger, thanks for reminding us about those who have and will serve.. Amazing and diverse community here.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:27 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Deep felt thanks to members who have commented.
I am just a man, a man who was given special skills but still a flawed man.
As a teen I was allured and inspired but my fraternal uncle who was a "merc" in central and south america under the cover of CIA Black Ops. All in attempts to suppress communist insurgence in the americas, also led by early Green Beret SF created by JFK.
Principle target was Che Guevara (a murderer currently idolized by college idiots with their heads up their a$$).
I am proud that my uncle was there when the POS Che Guevara was riddled with bullets.

Ranger
Old 05-26-2015, 12:01 AM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 143 Posts

Ranger,
My sincerest gratitude to you and all those who have served.

My father wore this jacket in Vietnam.

Old 05-26-2015, 12:34 AM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Brandon how true OMG how true.
Theoretically you can't go to hell when you've already been there but sadly God will never forgive.
This generation did not get any support on return from service. Nobody gave a $h!t about you except your family. No media support or wounded warrior organization. You came home and could not be proud to wear your uniform, society looked at you as a loser.
Today it does comfort my heart that society and media welcomes and demonstrates gratitude for individuals service. In the same sentence it also pisses me off about how they talk about as the present generation seems to be the only one who came back with missing limbs and PTSD.
They talk about the approx 5,000 plus who died in Iraq and Afghanistan but what about the 58,000 plus who died in Vietnam. America's unwanted!!!
You came home and there was nothing for the veteran but hatred.

No problem, when I die or take my life I will be come to terms with God and accept my punishment.

Ranger
Old 05-26-2015, 01:35 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Happy to spend time to think of and remember fallen friends, those still serving and those who sacrified in conflicts around the world.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:40 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Huge thanks to all those who have served
Old 05-26-2015, 06:24 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRanger
Brandon how true OMG how true.
Theoretically you can't go to hell when you've already been there but sadly God will never forgive.
This generation did not get any support on return from service. Nobody gave a $h!t about you except your family. No media support or wounded warrior organization. You came home and could not be proud to wear your uniform, society looked at you as a loser.
Today it does comfort my heart that society and media welcomes and demonstrates gratitude for individuals service. In the same sentence it also pisses me off about how they talk about as the present generation seems to be the only one who came back with missing limbs and PTSD.
They talk about the approx 5,000 plus who died in Iraq and Afghanistan but what about the 58,000 plus who died in Vietnam. America's unwanted!!!
You came home and there was nothing for the veteran but hatred.

No problem, when I die or take my life I will be come to terms with God and accept my punishment.

Ranger
Thank you for your words. They were spot on

Quick Reply: Happy Memorial Day