WTB: 4.0 RS

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2015, 03:04 PM
FLGT
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts
Default WTB: 4.0 RS

Gents,
I feel pretty late to the party, but I am interested in finding a well tended to 4.0 RS. It gives me a headache thinking about what was available relatively recently near MSRP. Ideally prefer something properly cared for with mileage on it, rather than a top dollar delivery miles car.

Please feel free to PM me. Any leads appreciated.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2015, 04:44 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts
Default Canadian 4.0

There was a well priced Canadian 4,0 in rl marketplace for a long time. I think if it were a U.S. car, it would have sold quickly. Seemed priced well, good history, low miles, etc......just Canadian.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:56 PM
volpenyc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just curious, what's wrong with a Canadian RS?
Old 04-17-2015, 06:01 PM
driveopolis
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by volpenyc
Just curious, what's wrong with a Canadian RS?
You'll need to do some work to import it to the USA. It's basically the same car aside from the instruments in km/h instead of mph.

I've imported USA cars into Canada but have not done the reverse. Has anyone done it with a late model Porsche? What are the steps and does it depend on your State? I'm curious.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:10 PM
FLGT
Pro

I checked with seller recently. Canadian car finally sold. There is duty of a few % to pay on Canadian cars imported.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:46 AM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Americans pay 2.5% duty to import a Canadian car. 0% if it was originally a US car.
You also benefit from the exchange rate hovering around 1.22 today.

To put it in perspective, here in BC I have to pay 12% tax + 6.2% duty = 18.2% Plus the poor exchange rate.

Savy US buyers should be looking to Canada.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:20 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by FLGT
I checked with seller recently. Canadian car finally sold. There is duty of a few % to pay on Canadian cars imported.
Just need to make one call....secretcollector
He knows every 4.0 out there and can steer you in the right direction

Best of luck with your search
Need to meet next time I'm in Amelia

Bill
Old 04-18-2015, 08:12 PM
FLGT
Pro

Originally Posted by WSH
Just need to make one call....secretcollector
He knows every 4.0 out there and can steer you in the right direction

Best of luck with your search
Need to meet next time I'm in Amelia

Bill
Would love to hookup at Amelia - next time!

Talked to secretcollector. Great guy. Seems to have access more to delivery miles and PTS cars. Hoping to find something a bit less 'precious'...
Old 04-18-2015, 11:07 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Would love to hookup at Amelia - next time!

Talked to secretcollector. Great guy. Seems to have access more to delivery miles and PTS cars. Hoping to find something a bit less 'precious'...
Nice to hear there are 4.0 buyers who want to actually drive the cars. Hope you take it out to the track to stretch its legs too. Good luck finding the right car.
Old 04-19-2015, 06:48 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,097 Likes on 544 Posts

Would love to hookup at Amelia - next time! Talked to secretcollector. Great guy. Seems to have access more to delivery miles and PTS cars. Hoping to find something a bit less 'precious'...
I think good quality driver 4.0s are almost harder to find for sale than bubble-wrap/delivery mile 4.0s. The guys that drive them don't want to sell them, because they can't replicate the driving experience with another car. The guys that are in it for pure collectors item will always sell for the right price and replace that spot in collection with something else. If you are purely collecting, why not a gt2rs/etc instead of 4.0? If you are a driver that wants the 4.0 experience, a gt2rs is not the same experience (not saying it's better or worse, but it ain't anywhere close to the same).

I have a few cars in my fleet. The ones I drive, I just won't sell (not counting my DD). The ones I own because they were rare birds at right price in concourse condition, I will always sell for the right price.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:43 PM
teamscr
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I think good quality driver 4.0s are almost harder to find for sale than bubble-wrap/delivery mile 4.0s. The guys that drive them don't want to sell them, because they can't replicate the driving experience with another car.
Agreed!
Old 04-20-2015, 02:29 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I think good quality driver 4.0s are almost harder to find for sale than bubble-wrap/delivery mile 4.0s. The guys that drive them don't want to sell them, because they can't replicate the driving experience with another car. The guys that are in it for pure collectors item will always sell for the right price and replace that spot in collection with something else. If you are purely collecting, why not a gt2rs/etc instead of 4.0? If you are a driver that wants the 4.0 experience, a gt2rs is not the same experience (not saying it's better or worse, but it ain't anywhere close to the same).

I have a few cars in my fleet. The ones I drive, I just won't sell (not counting my DD). The ones I own because they were rare birds at right price in concourse condition, I will always sell for the right price.
right on.
did 100 miles or so yesterday. and spend tonight getting it cleaned up .
2 tubs of clay
2 gallons of detailer
79 mircro fiber towels
priceless smiles
Old 04-20-2015, 03:00 PM
FLGT
Pro

Very well put. Agree - makes a lot of sense.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:16 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
right on.
did 100 miles or so yesterday. and spend tonight getting it cleaned up .
2 tubs of clay
2 gallons of detailer
79 mircro fiber towels
priceless smiles
He's not kidding. On the miles or the cleaning :-)

OP, good luck in the hunt. I think a driver 4.0 is indeed a rare bird. I think we'd all love one.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:29 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
He's not kidding. On the miles or the cleaning :-)

OP, good luck in the hunt. I think a driver 4.0 is indeed a rare bird. I think we'd all love one.
Subscribed and driven

Quick Reply: WTB: 4.0 RS