Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Transport Company recommendations for cross country trip

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 02:15 AM
Saru385
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

InterCity picked mine up at house of previous owner and dropped it off near my house on a road that had more space. driver called me multiple times with updates on where he was and when he might get to my place. i was the last drop off, so he gave me option of getting it in the evening or waiting til the next day. i didn't feel like waiting.

car was in perfect shape and driver was very careful when unloading it. would use them again.
Old 07-23-2015, 01:39 PM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thank you

Thank you Spyerx for the recommendation and business. We really appreciate it!

Dean
Intercity Lines
Originally Posted by Spyerx
Intercity Lines. Used 3x, perfect experience each.
1-800-221-3936 x205
jim@intercitylines.com
www.intercitylines.com

'69 MBZ 6.3
'16 Cayenne
'32 Ford highboy, Cadillac powered
Old 07-23-2015, 01:42 PM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thank you Saru385 for the kind words and your business.

We are happy you were satisfied with the service and that the driver took good care of you.

We are a small family owned business so posts like this really mean a lot to us and help us keep going after 35 years of doing this.

Dean
Old 07-23-2015, 01:48 PM
Intercity Lines
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Our Apologies

Hi needmoregarage,

We apologize for the subpar service, you received, on one of your shipments with us. We are a family owned small business and take a lot of pride in what we do. Hearing about something like that makes our stomach roll.

If you ever decide to ship your car again with us, ask for Dean and i'll see what I can do to make up for it. Just remind me of this post and your username.

I apologize once again for this and hope to hear from you again in the future.

Happy Driving,
Dean
Intercity Lines

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Used Intercity for round trip Pittsburgh to Phoenix and then from Las Vegas back to Pittsburgh - and had one great experience and one very disappointing experience. No permanent damage but the interior was covered in black, greasy fingerprints. Was able to get it detailed back into shape but the driver took no care to protect the car, and also lost our steering wheel cover (which they begrudgingly replaced at a whopping $16)

Used Reliable once for roundtrip Pittsburgh - Pocono. Great experience both ways. It helped that we were the only car on the trailer and the driver hung around to take us home. (I prefer to drive it but the first time hubby insisted on transport and we traveled with friends transporting their car)

JP Logistics was highly recommended to us by friends who had great experiences. Never used them.

We used Passport Transport from Sarasota to Pittsburgh - took longer than promised but car was well cared for. I believe they were bought by Fedex Custom Critical.

Questions to ask:
- how much insurance for cargo do they carry? Ask for a copy of their CURRENT insurance certificate. (If they carry 6 cars that could be valued at XX? you can do the math and know the minimum insurance). They should have at least a couple million in insurance and probably more.

- do they offload your car at a central warehouse and reload on a different truck? If so - is it stored in a secure area? Inside or outside? Who is driving the car when it's not on a truck?
Reliable, Exotic Car Transport and others have warehouses at key locations across the US. Intercity does not use warehouses (or at least didn't when we booked with them). Of course you car may be off-loaded/reloaded depending on delivery/pickup order. The less times they move the car - the better. Depending on the locations, warehouses may or may not be used but it's a good question to ask.

Good luck
Old 07-23-2015, 06:06 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,559 Likes on 665 Posts

Dean - Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by 8943post
Hi needmoregarage,

We apologize for the subpar service, you received, on one of your shipments with us. We are a family owned small business and take a lot of pride in what we do. Hearing about something like that makes our stomach roll.

If you ever decide to ship your car again with us, ask for Dean and i'll see what I can do to make up for it. Just remind me of this post and your username.

I apologize once again for this and hope to hear from you again in the future.

Happy Driving,
Dean
Intercity Lines
Old 07-23-2015, 08:31 PM
TomGT3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the help. I made the mistake of completing a quote that went to many brokers.
WOW, the emails and phone calls just keep coming.

All the companies referenced here were great. Quick and easy to deal with. I didn't feel like they were trying to sell me an island somewhere.

I'll let you know how my experience goes in the next few weeks.

Quick Reply: Transport Company recommendations for cross country trip