Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

My GT3RS 4.25 Build by BBI Autosport - Project Yoda

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 08:46 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie_GT3
Will be a post not too long from now about us all getting together.
Me, Ranger, Ara, Leh are in, hopefully Alex with the 4.1 and PJ can work something out. Would be at least 2 pumpkins and 2 frogs and a whole lotta liters!
I won't be able to bring my car out that far west. If we do spring mountain.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:49 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,792 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Originally Posted by kingleh
I won't be able to bring my car out that far west. If we do spring mountain.
Hop a transporter with Rangers car from fl!
Old 05-10-2015, 09:32 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm to **** to put my car in transport. I will only trailer it myself. And it's to long of a drive.

I can come out and be a part of the article tho. But won't have my car of its way out there.
Old 05-10-2015, 10:42 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,572 Likes on 5,076 Posts

Are spectators allowed?
Old 05-10-2015, 10:54 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,792 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Are spectators allowed?
it's not really formally organized... many months away.

Originally Posted by kingleh
I'm to **** to put my car in transport. I will only trailer it myself. And it's to long of a drive.

I can come out and be a part of the article tho. But won't have my car of its way out there.
that would be pretty awesome.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:48 PM
DJN
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Don't worry Gents......I am working on it.......in the background!

While there will be GPS (track) testing and dyno runs for "willing" 4.0+ guys .... I am looking in to inviting everyone (in the 997 GT2/GT3 Forum) for a 2 or 3 track weekend event,.....likely November 2015.

More to come in the coming weeks on a new thread !

Now lets have some more 4.0+ engine photos!!!

Cheers
Doug N
Old 05-10-2015, 11:59 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Mr. Keen I am sorry to read that you won't transport. It would be sad not to have a pro driving talent as yourself there. I was hoping for another frog in presence with hopefully two pumpkins.
As a lowly combat veteran soldier I am just living a dream beyond my pay grade gentlemen.

Ranger
Old 05-11-2015, 12:32 AM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DJN
Don't worry Gents......I am working on it.......in the background!

While there will be GPS (track) testing and dyno runs for "willing" 4.0+ guys .... I am looking in to inviting everyone (in the 997 GT2/GT3 Forum) for a 2 or 3 track weekend event,.....likely November 2015.

More to come in the coming weeks on a new thread !

Now lets have some more 4.0+ engine photos!!!

Cheers
Doug N
Doug just great, put it together and the 4.0 plus builds will be there.
My Champion Motorsport build is the outsider. It has perpetually gotten no respect over the other fancy shamsy builders. The other builders have the big profile but me a lowly d'bag Champion Motorsport is a grossly underrated build.
F'en A, I love being an underdog
The Champion Motorsport build has not even flourished yet. Oh did I say Manthey??? Oh **** I didn't say that

Ranger
Old 05-11-2015, 12:47 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRanger
The RS is totally a track car. With the custom clutch/flywheel built by JBRacing and the M&M RSR style headers and Grand Am exhaust the RS is truly not streetable.
The car sounds so incredible that I would put it on the street.

I would keep the transmission and clutch close to stock and maybe put a muffler on it.... but that is it. I love it! The compression and cams sound so sexy. Gives me goose bumps. It sounds like a modified Cup car.

My RS will eventually end up with the same motor. It is inevitable. My RS is just too tame in comparison, Like having a Carrera S especially after being passed by the Champion 4.2L at Sebring.
Attached Images  
Old 05-11-2015, 12:56 AM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by tcsracing1

I would keep the transmission and clutch close to stock and maybe put a muffler on it.... but that is it. I love it! The compression and cams sound so sexy. Gives me goose bumps. It sounds like a modified Cup car.

My RS will eventually end up with the same motor. It is inevitable. My RS is just too tame in comparison, Like having a Carrera S especially after being passed by the Champion 4.2L at Sebring.
Go for it. I have spoken to the guys at Champion and it would be a better build having learned an advanced from my build. Keep in mind that the Champion Motorsport engineers have learned more from Manthey.
But hell what do I know. I am just a lowly player.

Ranger
Old 05-11-2015, 01:01 AM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by tcsracing1

Great pic Tom, that was a great weekend at Sebring.
But Tom we have moved the curve so much more than that time.

Ranger
Old 05-11-2015, 01:36 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRanger
Go for it. I have spoken to the guys at Champion and it would be a better build having learned an advanced from my build. Keep in mind that the Champion Motorsport engineers have learned more from Manthey.
But hell what do I know. I am just a lowly player.

Ranger
Given the hours your engine has at the track and the R&D gained since you first commissioned the build I now know they can build me a bullet proof motor too
Old 05-11-2015, 02:37 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

The guys at Champion Motorsport are amazing. I'm never confident at leaving my car even at the hands of the guys in any dealership but Champion Motorsport is different. The guys there are very friendly, courteous, and professional. All the techs doing the serious work in the back have a motorsport tech background one series or another.

I have no doubt they will make another remarkable build (whoever it will be for)! Wish I could afford such an expensive upgrade but not yet... Maybe one day I can afford to do so and ship the car back to East Coast for the build
Old 05-11-2015, 04:10 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts

looking forward to hearing this beast fire up .............Awesome build
Old 05-11-2015, 04:39 AM
Ur20v
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Juan,

Everyone here admits the Champion build (Manley backed ) is awesome... read great. I don't think I have read anything else.

Only difference I have seen on the forums is Champion have only put out a little bit of info and taster photos shying away from internet overload where some other builds have been sold to death at any opportunity. Nothing wrong with either approach as the sops have different focus points... i.e tuning/spares to motorsport backing and builds.

Its not a pissing match... just a love of motors and humans ingenious strive for better/more.

Quick Reply: My GT3RS 4.25 Build by BBI Autosport - Project Yoda