Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

2007 GT3 - 20K Miles - Value/Price?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 08:40 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by NAM VET
I decided that I would have to spend the money to get the right car for me, and spending a few thousand more was not going to be a deal breaker for the right car.
THIS.

There are 3 types of buyers.
1. Those that understand that buying the right car for them will not be jeopardized over a few grand at this price point.

2. Those that refuse to pay asking prices and are looking for the best deal. That car is typically one that you WILL have to compromise on your wish list. This category can also ended up costing you in the long run as those rock bottom deals can have hidden gremlins you weren't told about.

3. Those that improbably got that one lucky car to fall in their lap from somebody that either didn't know the market or they just priced it well below market that it was moving fast and they don't care if they could have got 10K more for the car. This is rare and rarely happens. Outlier.

Me? I was #1. I paid what #2 person would say that I overpaid. I don't care. I had a specific list of wants on my list and when I got them all lined and the car popped up available I bought it within hours and no haggling. I wasn't going to let the car get away as I was ok with price and the chance of it coming up again in the following months was probably zero. These cars do NOT come up frequently and the odds of more than 1 (possibly 2) being exactly what you want is a pipe dream.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:10 AM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Never heard of someone who has been able to pin all points and replace the plastic elbows for 6 hours while in car. I'd image you got the easy to reach ones and didn't replace the plastic elbows

My view on all these things is pay up once correctly and don't take short cuts
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...n-the-car.html

The plastic elbow will likely fail eventually but not immediately on a sub 15K mile car that has seen little to no track time, certainly not as common as a pipe popping off and you can address all 6 with the motor in the car.

Quick Reply: 2007 GT3 - 20K Miles - Value/Price?