Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Magnus Walker / Sharkwerks MANUAL outlaw Porsche gets some play over PDK at Jay Lenos

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 01:44 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
A lil yes... we went over to visit with Joe Rogan after a fun canyon run the day before with his 3.9 GT3RS and our Outlaw GT2

Joe Rogan Experience #597 - Magnus Walker & Alex Ross - YouTube
I just watched all 3 hours of that and I have to say, that was super entertaining! the stories, the imparted knowledge and quite honestly, the chemistry between all 3 of you guys was fantastic! If the 3 of you had a weekly car show, it'd probably be the best automotive show in the US! That 3 hours flew by and it was great seeing you guys mention and talk about some of the Porsche guys and cars that I've seen in person and driven with such as Jack Olsen and his '72 RSR tribute car and Magnus mentioning Tyson Schmitt, I remember his car before he sold it, "Scruffy" which was an early Targa that had been turned into a cab then given the RS treatment hahaha Needless to say, both he and his car had a lot of character. But thanks for taking the time to do this show with Joe and Magnus, it was wildly entertaining! I really enjoyed it.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:32 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
Cool stuff, thanks for posting.

3000 lbs., 650 RWHP, LWF, RWD, etc. I love this car!!!
The weight is easy to verify and it won't be 3000lbs, 3200lbs DIN (full fuel tank) is more likely, these cars start out around 3300lbs DIN.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:15 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I just watched all 3 hours of that and I have to say, that was super entertaining! the stories, the imparted knowledge and quite honestly, the chemistry between all 3 of you guys was fantastic! If the 3 of you had a weekly car show, it'd probably be the best automotive show in the US! That 3 hours flew by and it was great seeing you guys mention and talk about some of the Porsche guys and cars that I've seen in person and driven with such as Jack Olsen and his '72 RSR tribute car and Magnus mentioning Tyson Schmitt, I remember his car before he sold it, "Scruffy" which was an early Targa that had been turned into a cab then given the RS treatment hahaha Needless to say, both he and his car had a lot of character. But thanks for taking the time to do this show with Joe and Magnus, it was wildly entertaining! I really enjoyed it.
Thanks mate we had a lot of fun that's for sure. Both those guys have some much passion! I'll mention it but he'll probably tell me not to quite my day job hah... Jack Olsen's car is the bomb!

Originally Posted by TB993tt
The weight is easy to verify and it won't be 3000lbs, 3200lbs DIN (full fuel tank) is more likely, these cars start out around 3300lbs DIN.
On the dot! Almost... Motor trend had us fill up the gas tank to full which made it 3211.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:56 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by leif997
Love the concept and the result, Alex.

Can't wait to get the same mechanical advantages on mine, as you are aware.

Disturbed over the judgmental comments regarding Magnus' appearance and artistic impression. Too many over tightened collar buttons around here. Seriously.

All of you who seem fit to judge a person on their appearance need to take a BIG step back.

No one asked your opinion.

'Nuff said.
Thx mate I'm sure Magnus is used to some of the snide/mean comments about appearance. I guess it goes with the territory of being somewhat famous... although as anyone who has met him in person will tell you he's the nicest most passionate fella around!

Quick Reply: Magnus Walker / Sharkwerks MANUAL outlaw Porsche gets some play over PDK at Jay Lenos