Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Magnus Walker / Sharkwerks MANUAL outlaw Porsche gets some play over PDK at Jay Lenos

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 04:29 PM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah - same here

Talked to Magnus about 4 years ago or so, about the time he sold his first STR. I was second in line and I think it went for around $75K to $80K. I paused too long then contacted him and a deal was in play.

Looking back - DUMB!

Ask alot of Porsche guys and there will always be a story about the one that got away
Old 01-10-2015, 03:12 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rsman
Alex, please list all the mods you did on the power side and the incremenal gains that can be expected from each mod. Thx
Will do essentially our exhaust, cms 68mm turbos, evoms intercoolers, headers, turbo ducts, different intake manifold, lwf etc
Originally Posted by Oldskewl
I've been following this on instagram, and I like it. I enjoy seeing the classic scheme on a newer car and I love the fact that you guys have done it to a bad *** GT2

I also like what has been done to the seats, I thought that was a cool throw-back touch.
Thx man it's been a risky, fun and hectic experience but the friends and memories are something that go with the car that I can really cherish
Originally Posted by lax01
Jay Leno's Garage is doing a segment on the car...coming up in a couple of weeks

And love or hate Magnus...but he's extremely nice guy and has a true passion for Porsche.
Yep from the first time I met him he was very warm, kind, funny and passionate. He's always chatting with young or old people about the cars and sharing, encouraging and over all just one of the nicest people you could ever meet. The lads and I are stoked with the car too. It's fun to finally see in person and in motion
Old 01-10-2015, 02:50 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
Yep from the first time I met him he was very warm, kind, funny and passionate. He's always chatting with young or old people about the cars and sharing, encouraging and over all just one of the nicest people you could ever meet. The lads and I are stoked with the car too. It's fun to finally see in person and in motion
Are you guys playing in the rain in DTLA today?
Old 01-12-2015, 08:53 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Are you guys playing in the rain in DTLA today?
A lil yes... we went over to visit with Joe Rogan after a fun canyon run the day before with his 3.9 GT3RS and our Outlaw GT2

Old 01-12-2015, 09:57 PM
lax01
Three Wheelin'

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

A lil yes... we went over to visit with Joe Rogan after a fun canyon run the day before with his 3.9 GT3RS and our Outlaw GT2

Joe Rogan Experience #597 - Magnus Walker & Alex Ross - YouTube
Nice...I listened to the first 2 hours (!!!)...how the hell did you guys talk for 3 hours? hahah
Old 01-12-2015, 10:38 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Hope that GT2 goes better than it looks. Looks like it just got pieced together from junk yard parts. Terribly disjointed look.

I'm sure there are lots of actual proper designers that could have given this car a nicer retro style.

Here's an exquisite example of a company that did a bang-up job giving the 997 a killer old school look.

This is also one of the few cars that I think the new Fuchs look good on. This car is beautiful. I'd love owning one of these.

Three hours of MW? No thanks. I'll take a pass on that one.
Attached Images  
Old 01-23-2015, 03:11 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Nice...I listened to the first 2 hours (!!!)...how the hell did you guys talk for 3 hours? hahah
I don't know!!! Just porsche makes you talk and talk and talk... with the occasional donkey and other things
Originally Posted by RollingArt
Hope that GT2 goes better than it looks. Looks like it just got pieced together from junk yard parts. Terribly disjointed look.

I'm sure there are lots of actual proper designers that could have given this car a nicer retro style.

Here's an exquisite example of a company that did a bang-up job giving the 997 a killer old school look.

This is also one of the few cars that I think the new Fuchs look good on. This car is beautiful. I'd love owning one of these.

Three hours of MW? No thanks. I'll take a pass on that one.
Hey no worries and any criticism is welcome. I understand it's not for everyone . I guess I can't do the car justice with my pictures and I have to say in person it's a different thing... Nice 997 retro there btw... although I've never been big on Fuchs on a new car for some reason.

A pro photographer showing ours:

http://www.stanceworks.com/2015/01/f...rsche-997-gt2/
Old 01-24-2015, 12:36 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 993GT
I met Magnus back in 2013 at a local Porsche event, really nice guy and true Porsche/driving enthusiast, good for the 'community'...cool to see the GT2 collaboration!
I sat at the same table with Magnus during Lunch at the Zentrum in 2013. Real nice guy, but he needs to cut his hair.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:46 AM
hockenheimr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does he open his shop for fellow PCA members? I'm in LA and I'd love to see his collection.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:59 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by hockenheimr
Does he open his shop for fellow PCA members? I'm in LA and I'd love to see his collection.
I know he goes to a lot of the socal meets so it'd be best to meet there and chat
Old 02-13-2015, 09:01 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The video is out now fellas

Old 02-13-2015, 10:05 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

Cool stuff, thanks for posting.

3000 lbs., 650 RWHP, LWF, RWD, etc. I love this car!!!

It looked a little hairy when Jay launched the car in between all of those parked cars. Did your heart stop there for a minute or did you have your eyes closed Alex?
Old 02-14-2015, 06:17 PM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for posting it Alex! My thoughts on Magnus and his creations is nothing but respect for the man. His cars aren't for everybody, that's what makes them special. If you look at a Picasso and compare it to a no-name painting, there's often times where the no-name is actually a much better painting. But it's the technique and brushstrokes that make the Picasso so captivating. But from a distance, the Picasso looks like a 4 year old painted it. The "Junkyard" look, is part of what gives his cars their charm. They look like someone went to an old garage from a now defunct race team that had over the years had many different livery schemes and you picked pieces from each car. But somehow they all come out homologous when put together. Also the fact that he makes his cars "hot rods" gives them a bit more purpose when driven. Let's face it, his cars aren't for the purist. But his cars ARE meant to be driven. As for the man himself, I've met him long ago. He is a very nice person and while he doesn't fit the image of a buttoned down dr. type, if you look past that, you'll find a tremendously nice person who is absolutely passionate about Porsches and has managed to find a way to make a living while being able to indulge in that passion while also being able to placate others who have similar tastes. Hat tip to the man! BTW to me, that GT2 is awesome!

The above posted orange 997 is definitely a fantastic retro take on a modern 911. I love the homage to the longhoods with how they put the turn signals and horngrils above the "bumper" line.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:10 PM
leif997
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Love the concept and the result, Alex.

Can't wait to get the same mechanical advantages on mine, as you are aware.

Disturbed over the judgmental comments regarding Magnus' appearance and artistic impression. Too many over tightened collar buttons around here. Seriously.

All of you who seem fit to judge a person on their appearance need to take a BIG step back.

No one asked your opinion.

'Nuff said.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:38 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by leif997
Love the concept and the result, Alex.

Can't wait to get the same mechanical advantages on mine, as you are aware.

Disturbed over the judgmental comments regarding Magnus' appearance and artistic impression. Too many over tightened collar buttons around here. Seriously.

All of you who seem fit to judge a person on their appearance need to take a BIG step back.

No one asked your opinion.

'Nuff said.
+1

Quick Reply: Magnus Walker / Sharkwerks MANUAL outlaw Porsche gets some play over PDK at Jay Lenos