Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

the Signal Green RS at Gooding

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 05:47 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRanger
These current market prices are a TOTAL insult to the individual who has a career, works very hard (12 hrs / day and at least 6 days a week) and makes a good living. I have so much I can say but the rant is useless. Nobody gives a ****. Ranger
I was late to the party for sure

Capitalism is capitalism though

Porsche should wisen up and kick out 1000 more 997 RS call them a special edition and put em out for 300k each no problem
Old 01-05-2015, 06:30 PM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Eduardo, let me just say that I am quite familiar with this car and am happy to answer any questions that someone might have and will do so directly via email.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:09 PM
redantporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm quite familiar with the car too having owned it just a few months ago. Kind of bummed it's going to auction now, but that's the market at work.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Jbarnes RS
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by secretcollector
Eduardo, let me just say that I am quite familiar with this car and am happy to answer any questions that someone might have and will do so directly via email.
Is it secretcollector or secret dealer.....little of both I suspect.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:21 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbarnes RS
Is it secretcollector or secret dealer.....little of both I suspect.
LOL
Old 01-06-2015, 01:52 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 314 Posts

For $3k you can have a very high quality wrap done in that same green over any color. And you preserve and protect the original paint underneath as well or better than the 3M Invisibra does up front. So, IMO, the rare color is nice but anybody can have it for $3k if that's their whim of the minute.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:36 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,087 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Unfortunately, this car is destined to get bubble wrapped and have dust collect on it. Kind of a shame. The last DE event I'll do with my RS will be COTA next month but even after that I'll be driving the car around every weekend like I do now.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,838 Likes on 1,119 Posts

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS
For $3k you can have a very high quality wrap done in that same green over any color. And you preserve and protect the original paint underneath as well or better than the 3M Invisibra does up front. So, IMO, the rare color is nice but anybody can have it for $3k if that's their whim of the minute.
That would be kind of like putting up a lithograph of van gogh "irises" on the wall. May look good, may satisfy some, but for someone who wants the original, won't cut it.

This car is targeting the collector, which puzzles me why it still has the roll bar in it. Not 100% original with.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Unfortunately, this car is destined to get bubble wrapped and have dust collect on it. Kind of a shame. The last DE event I'll do with my RS will be COTA next month but even after that I'll be driving the car around every weekend like I do now.
Somehow I doubt this will be the last time barney will see track time.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:09 PM
cliffs
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Eduardo for the color info and most of all for the comparison photos! This is the kind of stuff that makes this forum so great!!
Old 01-06-2015, 05:12 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRanger
These current market prices are a TOTAL insult to the individual who has a career, works very hard (12 hrs / day and at least 6 days a week) and makes a good living.
I have so much I can say but the rant is useless. Nobody gives a ****.

Ranger
Sounds like your complaining about not getting in on a good investment. **** happens get over it. I could cry too about owning Tesla at 40 and selling at 80. If I kept it till now....well I would have made a lot more .
Old 01-06-2015, 05:28 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jem7v
Sounds like your complaining about not getting in on a good investment. **** happens get over it. I could cry too about owning Tesla at 40 and selling at 80. If I kept it till now....well I would have made a lot more .
Ok to complain - new sports cars shouldn't be investments - that makes no financial sense.

Too many dollars and to few worthwhile investments cause these situations. They eventually resolve themselves
Old 01-06-2015, 09:58 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Ok to complain - new sports cars shouldn't be investments - that makes no financial sense.

Too many dollars and to few worthwhile investments cause these situations. They eventually resolve themselves
Why not? Why should only vintage old things be investments? If there is a need/demand in the market for a product and an automaker went the wrong way, that turns it into an investment. The ford gt is a perfect example of this.

As much as I think the new GT3 is awesome with that PDK, for whatever reason I like the older GT3 and RS versions better. I like the look too. And many people feel that way, which then creates the investment in a new car. This is a beautiful car for sale. But at 250k that is insane. I doubt it will sell for that. Maybe 200k absolute max if that.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:12 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jem7v
Why not? Why should only vintage old things be investments? If there is a need/demand in the market for a product and an automaker went the wrong way, that turns it into an investment. The ford gt is a perfect example of this. As much as I think the new GT3 is awesome with that PDK, for whatever reason I like the older GT3 and RS versions better. I like the look too. And many people feel that way, which then creates the investment in a new car. This is a beautiful car for sale. But at 250k that is insane. I doubt it will sell for that. Maybe 200k absolute max if that.
Rationally the manufacturer should create more supply to fulfill the demand - all you need is a manual Kermit colored GT car to be made in the next 5 years for someone to greatly regret their decision to invest
Old 01-06-2015, 11:26 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Rationally the manufacturer should create more supply to fulfill the demand - all you need is a manual Kermit colored GT car to be made in the next 5 years for someone to greatly regret their decision to invest
These cars aren't for making money really. They make some money. Mostly they are for prestige. Porsche is making their money off their macans, cayennes, and panameras.

It is the same with Ferrari.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:07 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,103 Likes on 546 Posts

If you have investment opportunities that have zero chance of regret if event "X" happens, wow, I am envious. The market continues to get more comfy that porsche will never make a similar car...........market could be wrong but probability drops a little more with every new GT car Porsche launches that is not a substitute for 997 RS. Better chance these things cool off because assets get crushed across the board. No doubt I'll buy 991 and future variant porsche GT cars. But I'll keep the 997's I own because car manufacturers are evolving away from the 997 RS driving experience. Same reason I've bought and forgot every form of music media I've ever owned except my vinyl collection. Why does a pristine copy of Zeppelin II vinyl cost 20x the price of a digital copy? I don't know but I bet the future buyer of this frog has one.

Quick Reply: the Signal Green RS at Gooding