Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

the Signal Green RS at Gooding

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 05:58 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by spiller
Im surprised to see they are offering the car with aftermarket parts given the expected high price.
100%
They should have pulled those parts.

Big money buyers want time capsules. This car given the model, color and miles needs to be presented as a virgin.

Cant believe they decided to run it with aftermarket parts still on it.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:35 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Raven 666
That is one really nice frog....................
Indeed.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:43 PM
Modena 1
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Good luck to everyone. But this market is getting ridiculous.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:50 PM
997s07
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Modena 1
Good luck to everyone. But this market is getting ridiculous.
Exactly. Plenty of cars in dealer lots collecting web clicks. Some moving in the private mode but not many.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:54 PM
Bullitt44
Burning Brakes

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

buyer will need some drinks to get to those numbers.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:02 PM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

These current market prices are a TOTAL insult to the individual who has a career, works very hard (12 hrs / day and at least 6 days a week) and makes a good living.
I have so much I can say but the rant is useless. Nobody gives a ****.

Ranger
Old 01-04-2015, 11:09 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Signal

See updated post below

Last edited by Z356; 01-04-2015 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:45 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Signal Green W25...

Originally Posted by cliffs
WP0AC2A91BS783471
Says it is the only signal green example with the black wheels / wing / graphics 'DZM' package. Awesome car!

http://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/201...97-gt3-rs-3-8/
Originally Posted by Liquid911
As far as I know, the UAE one is RS Green, not Signal
This is the one ordered by Suncoast Porsche in Florida back in its day.

http://www.gt3rsregistry.com/2011GT3RS/vin/3471.htm

In 2011, any 'green' gt3 or RS would have been PTS. And most PTS 'green' would have been more than likely 'RS Green' or color code '2D8', since that is what dealers remembered from one of the unique colors for the .1 997 gt3 RS. But according to Gooding, this one was ordered not in 'RS Green' but in 'Signal Green'. And just not any 'Signal Green' (there are at least three color formulations in Porsche's history with this color), but color code W25!

"This awesome 997 GT3 RS is one of about 450 examples built for the US, and it is believed to be the only example worldwide ordered in paint-to-sample Signal Green (W25) with the distinctive DZM Customization Package (consisting of black wheels, rearview mirrors, decals, and rear-wing end plates)."

W25 is the same color code of my old PTS 'Signal Green' 2007 Carrera S coupe and my favorite color ever for a Porsche green! It has more yellow tint in hue that any other similar 'Green' paint in the Porsche vintage color palette. 'Viper' (225), 'RS Green' (2D8) and the currently available 'Signal Green' (22S) have more blue tint on the green hue than yellow. This is what makes W25 version of 'Signal Green' so appealing. The reason why W25 was formulated with a slight yellow tint and still called 'Signal Green' remains a mystery to me. It appeared from 2006 on a few PTS customers cars during the .1 997 period (only 3 were custom-ordered by US dealers, including my old 2007). If indeed this 2011 gt3 RS is painted in W25 'Signal Green', it's the only .2 997 I know done in this particular color! This W25 version of 'Signal Green' is currently not approved for PTS. The early 1990's formulation of 'Signal Green' is currently approved - that is color code 22S. I am trying to get 'Porsche Exclusive' to do a feasibility test on the W25 formulation of 'Signal Green' to see if we can get it on the approved list of PTS colors for MY2016 & beyond.

Final photo is one I took of the W25 'Signal Green' coupe next to a .1 997 gt3 RS in 'RS Green' back in 2008 or so. 'RS Green' is currently in the approved PTS list...but it's now just called 'Green', but with same color code as the 'RS Green' (2D8). This is not a great picture but the camera lens captures the different tints on the basic green theme between the two!

Frankly, W25 is truly beautiful...I still have the original factory painted rear deck lid from my MY2007 w25 'Signal Green' coupe and it's just a stunning color!

I have email Gooding & Co. to ask them to verify the color code on this vehicle they have for sale and are representing as W25 'Signal Green'. Let's see how they respond. I'll hopefully report back with a color update soon.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images     
Old 01-05-2015, 02:09 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,781 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Wow fantastic info...
Old 01-05-2015, 05:16 AM
Liquid911
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
This is the one ordered by Suncoast Porsche in Florida back in its day.

http://www.gt3rsregistry.com/2011GT3RS/vin/3471.htm

2011 PORSCHE 911 2dr Cpe GT3 RS Signal Green - YouTube

In 2011, any 'green' gt3 or RS would have been PTS. And most PTS 'green' would have been more than likely 'RS Green' or color code '2D8', since that is what dealers remembered from one of the unique colors for the .1 997 gt3 RS. But according to Gooding, this one was ordered not in 'RS Green' but in 'Signal Green'. And just not any 'Signal Green' (there are at least three color formulations in Porsche's history with this color), but color code W25!

"This awesome 997 GT3 RS is one of about 450 examples built for the US, and it is believed to be the only example worldwide ordered in paint-to-sample Signal Green (W25) with the distinctive DZM Customization Package (consisting of black wheels, rearview mirrors, decals, and rear-wing end plates)."

W25 is the same color code of my old PTS 'Signal Green' 2007 Carrera S coupe and my favorite color ever for a Porsche green! It has more yellow tint in hue that any other similar 'Green' paint in the Porsche vintage color palette. 'Viper' (225), 'RS Green' (2D8) and the currently available 'Signal Green' (22S) have more blue tint on the green hue than yellow. This is what makes W25 version of 'Signal Green' so appealing. The reason why W25 was formulated with a slight yellow tint and still called 'Signal Green' remains a mystery to me. It appeared from 2006 on a few PTS customers cars during the .1 997 period (only 3 were custom-ordered by US dealers, including my old 2007). If indeed this 2011 gt3 RS is painted in W25 'Signal Green', it's the only .2 997 I know done in this particular color! This W25 version of 'Signal Green' is currently not approved for PTS. The early 1990's formulation of 'Signal Green' is currently approved - that is color code 22S. I am trying to get 'Porsche Exclusive' to do a feasibility test on the W25 formulation of 'Signal Green' to see if we can get it on the approved list of PTS colors for MY2016 & beyond.

Final photo is one I took of the W25 'Signal Green' coupe next to a .1 997 gt3 RS in 'RS Green' back in 2008 or so. 'RS Green' is currently in the approved PTS list...but it's now just called 'Green', but with same color code as the 'RS Green' (2D8). This is not a great picture but the camera lens captures the different tints on the basic green theme between the two!

Frankly, W25 is truly beautiful...I still have the original factory painted rear deck lid from my MY2007 w25 'Signal Green' coupe and it's just a stunning color!

I have email Gooding & Co. to ask them to verify the color code on this vehicle they have for sale and are representing as W25 'Signal Green'. Let's see how they respond. I'll hopefully report back with a color update soon.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Man you must be fun at parties!
Old 01-05-2015, 02:07 PM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default W25 PTS at Gooding

Further to Eduardo's post below, here is a photograph of the paint code for the RS at Gooding next week.

Last edited by secretcollector; 01-05-2015 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Photo did not upload
Old 01-05-2015, 03:38 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Liquid911
Man you must be fun at parties!
Not that you'll ever know...I have a bouncer at my Porsche parties here in Carmel!

Originally Posted by secretcollector
Further to Eduardo's post below, here is a photograph of the paint code for the RS at Gooding next week.

Secret: Would you by chance happen to be the consignor?

The reason I ask is because this is the reply I got back last night from David Brynan of Gooding & Co.

"I believe the CoA has the color and code listed, so I will get that to you as soon as I'm able. We don't take possession of cars until next week in Scottsdale so I'm not able to provide that information "off the car" and I'm not sure that our photographer took a photo of it either. Either way, the consignor, who knows these cars very well and has a number of important contemporary Porsches, provided that information and we should have it in our files - I'm just working from my laptop at the moment."

You seem to be someone that would know these cars very well and have a number of important contemporary Porsches. And also have a photo of something on this car that Gooding doesn't at this moment. So inquiring minds want to know if you are the consignor!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 01-05-2015, 04:49 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 289 Posts

Eduardo,

We are in Pebble at least once a month, would very much like to get together at some point in the future.

Originally Posted by Z356
Not that you'll ever know...I have a bouncer at my Porsche parties here in Carmel! Secret: Would you by chance happen to be the consignor? The reason I ask is because this is the reply I got back last night from David Brynan of Gooding & Co. "I believe the CoA has the color and code listed, so I will get that to you as soon as I'm able. We don't take possession of cars until next week in Scottsdale so I'm not able to provide that information "off the car" and I'm not sure that our photographer took a photo of it either. Either way, the consignor, who knows these cars very well and has a number of important contemporary Porsches, provided that information and we should have it in our files - I'm just working from my laptop at the moment." You seem to be someone that would know these cars very well and have a number of important contemporary Porsches. And also have a photo of something on this car that Gooding doesn't at this moment. So inquiring minds want to know if you are the consignor! Saludos, Eduardo Carmel
Old 01-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Test Jet
Eduardo, We are in Pebble at least once a month, would very much like to get together at some point in the future.
Sure...just don't bring along Liquid911. He will not get past security.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS Send me a pm or email when you are next in town.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:31 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,985 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRanger
These current market prices are a TOTAL insult to the individual who has a career, works very hard (12 hrs / day and at least 6 days a week) and makes a good living.
I have so much I can say but the rant is useless. Nobody gives a ****.

Ranger
I don't get it either...just buy a regular colored RS and spend $6k-$8k and you can can your very own Signal Green RS too. haha

Quick Reply: the Signal Green RS at Gooding