Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

07 GT3 on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015 | 05:46 PM
Runner
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
Looks great Runner Hopefully you have some decent weather over the weekend for a few long drives
This weekend has been clear, but really cold. I've had several spirited drives today already. Love this car.

BTW - this car was owned previously by another Texan that had it serviced frequently at Park Place Porsche in Dallas. Anyone recognize the car or know the previous owner?
Old 01-10-2015 | 06:09 PM
Runner
Rennlist Member

Again, I'm soooo impressed with the GT3. Very relieved to have one in the garage. Spent almost a year searching and the pickings are getting smaller and smaller. Each time I would find one only to learned it had already sold. The search become an obsession. It had to be white - so that did narrow the search a little.

So this is a keeper for sure. Not for sale. Not ever going to sell it. As Jerry Seinfeld says - "it's a deadman's car" - meaning the next owner will be buying it off a deadman. He drives a 1973 white RS - a million dollar car. Google Jerry Seinfeld and Cars and Coffee - its worth the watch. He states it to be the absolute perfect car for him. Well - I feel the same way about this one.

So I've read the comments on this forum about "raw" and "driver connection". Absolutely understand what that means now. I now get what all of you knew. I also understand completely the frustration you all are having about Porsche not providing a MT in the new GT3. The shifting is so much fun! I will be surprised if they continue newer models without it.

It will be a passion of maintenance. This one found a great owner. It going to be an awesome journey.
Old 01-10-2015 | 06:26 PM
Runner
Rennlist Member

I got it wrong it is...

jerry seinfeld commedians in cars getting coffee! ...worth the watch for sure. This is how I feel about this GT3.

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee....-meyers-really
Old 01-19-2015 | 02:39 PM
Runner
Rennlist Member

Ok...just dropped the GT3 off at the shop for technical inspection and a few other things. After driving and putting 500 miles on it, a few things popped up.

First, the car is crazy fast; I would say turbo like fast. It revs so quick, my assumptions of it having a LWFW were confirmed today. Very happy about that. It also appears to have been flashed.

The exhaust was a good one, and installed correctly. Car sounds amazing. Not sure what brand.

The short shifter feels lose - going to look into that.

The roll bar is porsche equipment. That's good news.

There is a rattle in the steering near the wheel. Sounds like a loose sway bar.

The rotor holes have small cracks - may replace with two piece GiroDisc.

The fog lights and headlights are pitted and will attempt to buff them smooth.

That's about it. Plan to track it in February.
Old 01-19-2015 | 02:42 PM
Runner
Rennlist Member

Oh and the check engine light came on this morning. Could be a number of things. I'll follow up on the final report.
Old 01-20-2015 | 02:51 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Usual stuff - congrats

I'd personally re flash to oe specs though

Quick Reply: 07 GT3 on the way!