Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

question about rear toe links (locking plates)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 04:37 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by XPC5
Yes, just the elephant plates should work. The stock toe links run out of eccentric range (too short to achieve toe in) if you try to get over 3 degrees of camber through control arm shims and adjustment. That's when adjustable links are a must, or elephant makes an eccentric bushing for the stock toe arm which I am using now.

I don't think I'd want more than 3 degrees of camber in the rear though. I thought the locking plates are only for the rear?

The front is adjusted through shims and not an eccentric bolt right? Is the bushing for the front or rear stock toe arm? Looks like a rear in the pic.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:44 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by XPC5
Yes, just the elephant plates should work. The stock toe links run out of eccentric range (too short to achieve toe in) if you try to get over 3 degrees of camber through control arm shims and adjustment. That's when adjustable links are a must, or elephant makes an eccentric bushing for the stock toe arm which I am using now.

You still need the plates even if you use their bushing to get more toe in right? If you just replace the bushing the eccentric adjustment can still move if not locked in with the plates.

Quick Reply: question about rear toe links (locking plates)