Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PTS GT3RS Green/Red FS

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 06:05 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,301 Posts

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:07 PM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

GreenLantern makes an excellent point about the lack of quality with the ad and that being the real issue (of course, the green and red color combination can be an entire debate of its own).

The collector level rarities are my world and I can tell you that most delivery mileage cars trade hands without being advertised anywhere (example: a seller comes to me with a 25 mile RS, all I need to see is the build sheet and Carfax to make a decision). JamesList is an interesting place to list a car like this, not a likely resource for sure, and certainly, this particular ad is not doing the car any favors.

But with all of that said, this is my new favorite thread online now....some solid and thoughtful sharing of opinions.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:19 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 360 Likes on 217 Posts

A Porsche technician told me that the Mezger engine starts showing its real power past 50K miles. Take it as you will but I can see his point about the piston rings settling.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:19 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I like the green and red combo actually. I'd wrap it with three layers of expel whole car and drive the **** out of it...I want my cake and eat it too lol
Old 10-24-2014, 06:40 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,038 Likes on 2,301 Posts

Originally Posted by secretcollector
GreenLantern makes an excellent point about the lack of quality with the ad and that being the real issue (of course, the green and red color combination can be an entire debate of its own).

The collector level rarities are my world and I can tell you that most delivery mileage cars trade hands without being advertised anywhere (example: a seller comes to me with a 25 mile RS, all I need to see is the build sheet and Carfax to make a decision). JamesList is an interesting place to list a car like this, not a likely resource for sure, and certainly, this particular ad is not doing the car any favors.

But with all of that said, this is my new favorite thread online now....some solid and thoughtful sharing of opinions.
I understand, but to me it's like that analog that has been mentioned several times on here. Having an RS like that and not driving it at all is like having a super hot wife/gf/mistress/etc and not banging her once. Yeah, makes for good eye candy but you're missing out on the best part.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:55 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by paver
Wow!! That was the mother of all for sale ads...nice job.
As long as it's been stored properly a low miles car for sale could be an opportunity for different kinds of end users...all good, no?

Agreed. 100%.

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I understand, but to me it's like that analog that has been mentioned several times on here. Having an RS like that and not driving it at all is like having a super hot wife/gf/mistress/etc and not banging her once. Yeah, makes for good eye candy but you're missing out on the best part.
Not if you have 78 girlfriends.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:57 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 206 Posts

Bought the car and then was too embarrassed to drive it based on the color scheme. Happens all the time...
Old 10-24-2014, 07:04 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
Bought the car and then was too embarrassed to drive it based on the color scheme. Happens all the time...
Hahaha. Touché!
Old 10-24-2014, 08:18 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Oh, and I'm adding that I no longer tell anyone except Mooty what's in my warehouse because I don't care to have that vitriol spewed at me, but suffice it to say that I have many examples of rare Porsche's much older than this 2011 that still have only delivery miles on them. And yes, before you ask, they've all been properly maintained all of these years! And I'll bet I smile looking at them just as wide and frequently as those that fly around the track in theirs do. The best part - our cold beers all taste just as good when we're finished!!

Cheers.
When I see the beautiful examples you have with low miles and in well preserved condition it makes me wish i could do them same.
I drive the hell out of my cars but I totally get collecting them in mint condition.
I would do the same if i could. Like having a dream garage.

The older your cars get the cooler they become. Especially in pristene condition.

Envy
Old 10-24-2014, 08:20 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
LOL. Who knows, he may have trailered it.
Off topic but I love your turbo!
Old 10-24-2014, 10:06 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,700 Likes on 2,342 Posts

I drive mine
I also detail it to death
I work on them too
I trk them sometimes
it is all good
everyone has different uses for it.
as long as it makes YOU happy its cool

heck I collect teddy bears and fight with my kids over the rare ones. so .....

if secret collector has anything that I can afford I would love to buy one... but most are above my pay grade
Old 10-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 323 Posts

I may as well be a collector for 5-6 months out of the year as weather doesn't really permit for any safe fun with the GT3RS! I do collect Mattel Hot Wheels and other 1:18 scale cars though, but fun to see those who can afford to collect their 1:1 scale counterparts.
Old 10-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Not if you have 78 girlfriends.

Interesting thread. I can relate to both sides of the argument.

I am no where close to what secret collector owns, but I think I have only driven my RS 6 or 7 times this year, 3 of those times were track days.

It has nothing to do with keeping it low mileage, but there are other cars in the garage that serve better daily driving needs.

I am not a watch collector, but have at least 15 watches that are worth keeping. I have not wear or seen 80% of them for many years. They just sit in the safety box inside a bank.

My wife has a huge collection of quite expensive handbags that she does not use, and she keeps buying. And she seems happy.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:26 PM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Breaking news:

I drove a 3.8RS 41.6 miles today.

Some time off for good behavior?
Old 10-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Steve Theodore
Rennlist Member

Received 630 Likes on 323 Posts

LOL @ secretcollector!

I'm sure it was a magnificent 41.6 miles.

Quick Reply: PTS GT3RS Green/Red FS