Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

PTS GT3RS Green/Red FS

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 01:46 PM
aero997c2s
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny it has roll bar and harnesses with 25 miles.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:51 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 758 Posts

Originally Posted by aero997c2s
That's a $5k value right there, too bad it's red, should be green
Old 10-24-2014, 01:58 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
He made a great investment.
He may not even know how to stick shift, but knows how to make money.
+1

For all you guys know, the owner might've bought three or four, driven one or two, moth balled the others.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:38 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,985 Likes on 2,270 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
+1

For all you guys know, the owner might've bought three or four, driven one or two, moth balled the others.
Not that great of an investment...if you would have invested what it cost him for the car with taxes and registration, you'd be up a lot more. Sorry, I can't see any car being an investment that sits around and collects dust....cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed (especially GT3 RSs). But hey, I'm just a hustling working stiff so what do I know.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:43 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,630 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by aero997c2s
you have to drive to the shop to get them installed
Old 10-24-2014, 03:01 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
you have to drive to the shop to get them installed
LOL. Who knows, he may have trailered it.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:15 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kyrocks
LOL. Who knows, he may have trailered it.
That's it....I'm not driving my RS anymore...I'll just have to trailers everywhere.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:19 PM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Had technology existed at that time, forums would have been created about five seconds after the phrase "everyone is entitled to their opinion" was first uttered. That's what really makes RL and all others so much fun to read and participate in.

I am constantly amused by the vitriol that is directed at the owners of cars, Porsche's, that aren't driven to at least the minimum required of the RL overlord's! There are many reasons why cars don't get driven - how about living in a part of the country where the weather is only hospitable, at most, six months of the year? Then factor in work, family and the myriad other things that life entails, and time gets rather short. Add to this that many owners of serious cars (and I'm not saying that one PTS RS qualifies, this is rather broader than that) own a lot of cars (and in some cases multiple examples of the same model just to keep the miles low), and it becomes even harder to accumulate miles.

Not my usual type of post, but as I'm sitting here in my warehouse looking at lots of cars that, in the aggregate, don't have enough miles to appease the masses here, it gave me something to do. I'm glad for all of you, especially those of you that I know (and you know who you are), that drive your Porsche's as much as your heart desires. I'm equally as glad for myself and other collector friends who like to very sparingly drive each of our cars, and enjoy them as much or more for their artistic value as anything else.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:23 PM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh, and I'm adding that I no longer tell anyone except Mooty what's in my warehouse because I don't care to have that vitriol spewed at me, but suffice it to say that I have many examples of rare Porsche's much older than this 2011 that still have only delivery miles on them. And yes, before you ask, they've all been properly maintained all of these years! And I'll bet I smile looking at them just as wide and frequently as those that fly around the track in theirs do. The best part - our cold beers all taste just as good when we're finished!!

Cheers.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:58 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 439 Posts

^ Really? I understand being conservative and driving a little to keep the miles low, but to only have delivery miles on them, that seems wrong (at least for me, no offense). I guess if I had that much money to buy 2 of each car, one to drive, and one to look at, that'd be a different case LOL!
Old 10-24-2014, 04:34 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sin911
^ Really? I understand being conservative and driving a little to keep the miles low, but to only have delivery miles on them, that seems wrong (at least for me, no offense). I guess if I had that much money to buy 2 of each car, one to drive, and one to look at, that'd be a different case LOL!
+1 Having super low miles on a car is one thing, but not even driving a car beyond the delivery miles is just something I can't understand. But then again, I'm not a car collector, I'm a car user. If I had more time, I would have put a lot more than 9k miles on my RS in the year that I have owned it. It basically sits in the garage Mon-Fri and is driven around town on weekends and an occasional DE track event.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:41 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by secretcollector
I am constantly amused by the vitriol that is directed at the owners of cars, Porsche's, that aren't driven to at least the minimum required of the RL overlord's! There are many reasons why cars don't get driven - how about living in a part of the country where the weather is only hospitable, at most, six months of the year? Then factor in work, family and the myriad other things that life entails, and time gets rather short. Add to this that many owners of serious cars (and I'm not saying that one PTS RS qualifies, this is rather broader than that) own a lot of cars (and in some cases multiple examples of the same model just to keep the miles low), and it becomes even harder to accumulate miles.

Not my usual type of post, but as I'm sitting here in my warehouse looking at lots of cars that, in the aggregate, don't have enough miles to appease the masses here, it gave me something to do. I'm glad for all of you, especially those of you that I know (and you know who you are), that drive your Porsche's as much as your heart desires. I'm equally as glad for myself and other collector friends who like to very sparingly drive each of our cars, and enjoy them as much or more for their artistic value as anything else.
Oh, and I'm adding that I no longer tell anyone except Mooty what's in my warehouse because I don't care to have that vitriol spewed at me, but suffice it to say that I have many examples of rare Porsche's much older than this 2011 that still have only delivery miles on them. And yes, before you ask, they've all been properly maintained all of these years! And I'll bet I smile looking at them just as wide and frequently as those that fly around the track in theirs do. The best part - our cold beers all taste just as good when we're finished!!

Cheers.
I couldn't have said this better myself.

Thank you.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:46 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 69 Posts

Had technology existed at that time, forums would have been created about five seconds after the phrase "everyone is entitled to their opinion" was first uttered. That's what really makes RL and all others so much fun to read and participate in.

Amen !
I have never understand the need to tell other people how to use their car ! IMO when it's your money and your car you can do whatever the f you want !

Bill
Old 10-24-2014, 04:47 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Really, folks. If there's anything to criticize here, it's the horrible listing.

Originally Posted by theporscheguy
Only 225K..... Great color although the pictures make that very hard to see.
If I was looking to command $225k for this car, I'd make sure I had a better listing. For example, an older listing of mine: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...cally-new.html

(Car already sold a long time ago.)

And yes, I am prepared to accept the hate given that it sat in a collection for a while, with barely delivery miles.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:02 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Really, folks. If there's anything to criticize here, it's the horrible listing.

If I was looking to command $225k for this car, I'd make sure I had a better listing. For example, an older listing of mine: https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...cally-new.html

(Car already sold a long time ago.)

And yes, I am prepared to accept the hate given that it sat in a collection for a while, with barely delivery miles.
Wow!! That was the mother of all for sale ads...nice job.
As long as it's been stored properly a low miles car for sale could be an opportunity for different kinds of end users...all good, no?

Quick Reply: PTS GT3RS Green/Red FS