Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

TPC product: DSC (Dynamic Suspension Control)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 05:50 PM
Matrog
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Question TPC product: DSC (Dynamic Suspension Control)

Has anyone installed this on a GT3 ?

I found a number of favorable posts by the 997 turbo crowd. See e.g., the later posts here:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...uspension.html

I'm wondering if anyone can comment on its effect on the GT3 (preferably the 997.2).

It apparently transforms the 2 fixed position PASM settings and turns the system into 3 settings w/ some active changes while driving. It apparently alters compression/rebound for the better, like decreasing bounce over rough patches and generally increasing grip levels.

I'm still investigating this and would welcome input.

Thx.

Old 08-27-2014, 06:42 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Run a quick search and you'll find a thread that goes into it in detail.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:53 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Here it is:

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...ight=new+to+me
Old 08-27-2014, 06:55 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Post #81
Old 08-27-2014, 11:08 PM
512bb
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I have it on my turbo and I absolutely love it.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:20 AM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I read the entire 6speed post last night.

I have a few comments:

1) The 997gt3.mk2, by all reviews, rides better in stock form than the mk1. It sounds like after reading the 6speed posts that this really must come down to the re-programming of the PASM module by Porsche.

2) Most of the people on 6-speed where TT owners who didn't like the wallowing too soft feel when the car's suspension was on Soft - do you find this in your mk2?

3) On mk1 cars, I can tell you my absolute biggest complaint with the car is that if you are braking in a 'bumpy' brake zone you risk flying through the brake zone as the ABS module can't handle it. I do not believe that mk2 owners complain as much about this but on this point I do not know. And this is where the 6speed reference by one of the users to improved performance in the brake zone caught my attention. Can massively stiffening the front shock compression (more than the OE module already does?) and softening the rear rebound (again presumably more than Porsche's module does) help keep the tires in better contact with the bumpy track surface or in downhill brake zones?

Point 3 alone would be reason to try it in my opinion.

My guess is that this module is going to be sold almost exclusively to TT owners that go to the track occasionally because it can make a real improvement on these very softly sprung cars when they are on the track.

The 6speed reviews all seem pretty glowing, with the exception of the blinking red light when in modes 2 & 3, so again if you feel like spending the money, and it doesn't work that great in a mk2gt3 then it looks like it is easily sellable - and it is 'only' the price of 3 Hoosiers (which last a track weekend).

If I was TPC, and I'm not, I would give the product to a mk2 customer (Mooty or another track head) during one of the larger gt3 get togethers and have them swap the module between a few cars and get an opinion from a bunch of gt3 DE'ers (module can be swapped in 3 minutes) and see what people think (especially if they can test it on the traditional 'ice mode' brake zones - bumpy and downhill).

MK1 users need to wire in the 3axis accelerometer so it is better tested by mk2 users as the install takes 3 minutes. If the only thing it did was improve downhill brake zone ABS rear caliper pressure release than it would be worth it (my opinion).
Old 08-28-2014, 11:18 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

If I was TPC, and I'm not, I would give the product to a mk2 customer (Mooty or another track head) during one of the larger gt3 get togethers and have them swap the module between a few cars and get an opinion from a bunch of gt3 DE'ers (module can be swapped in 3 minutes) and see what people think (especially if they can test it on the traditional 'ice mode' brake zones - bumpy and downhill).
Mike might prefer the term 'loan' a bit better. It would be interesting to see/hear the results.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:44 AM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
Mike might prefer the term 'loan' a bit better. It would be interesting to see/hear the results.
That is what I meant.

Given the ease of the swap, if I was TPC, I would bring a bunch of these modules to 'customer' / local track days (VIR?) and offer free trials. If it works as advertised they would likely sell hundreds of them.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:38 PM
Inrev
Burning Brakes

Received 143 Likes on 70 Posts

"Where can I buy one of those?" - every GT3.1 owner out there
Old 08-28-2014, 03:12 PM
P.J.S.
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I take some of what I read as "experience" from 6speed with a grain of salt... especially in the turbo forum...
:-)

"Bro - my 21" step lip vertini wheels reacted negatively on the 405 expansion joints with the TPC module but at the track on my 20 inch ADV track speks it was perfection... a must do... can anyone recommend a good body shop so I can have my splitter repainted?"
Old 08-28-2014, 04:50 PM
Inrev
Burning Brakes

Received 143 Likes on 70 Posts

Planet-9 forums comments are more credible in terms of track experience. Comments are mostly positive except for the installation process when the 3-axis module was required.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:11 PM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

There are a few 997.1 GT3 owners that have this on this forum, Ill let them chime in on their experiences but from they have said its been very positive.

I know these arent GT3 examples, but more track impressions here:
http://www.planet-9.com/tpc-racing-g...uess-what.html

And heres a video review from Randy Pobst:
Old 08-28-2014, 08:31 PM
RobT 394
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Call Mike at TPC and talk it over with him. He is a Porsche guy, knows the cars well and a straight shooter. If you have the cash, replacing the stock system on a .1 is the way to go. Better on street and track. Wish I would have done it sooner.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:29 AM
bmwtye
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by RobT 394
Call Mike at TPC and talk it over with him. He is a Porsche guy, knows the cars well and a straight shooter. If you have the cash, replacing the stock system on a .1 is the way to go. Better on street and track. Wish I would have done it sooner.
What did you replace it with. I've been eyeing the bilstein clubsports after driving a special blue car that has them.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:32 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Mention Rennlist and get 10% off. Ask for Tom Chan.

Quick Reply: TPC product: DSC (Dynamic Suspension Control)