Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

TPC product: DSC (Dynamic Suspension Control)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 07:29 PM
chub2000
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

i have the DSC on my gt3 .1 . it is tough for me to notice the difference because i had the DSC installed at the same tome TPC installed heavier front springs. I do seem to get around the track faster than any other gt3 and i am only an average driver. unfortunately i dont have my before and after lap times, but i am noticeably faster with the DSC and the heavier front springs.
Thanks Tom!
Old 09-21-2014, 09:23 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,437 Likes on 2,247 Posts

Originally Posted by bmwtye
it only takes 5 minutes to put it, install tonight and go drive it!
well that's a crock of sh*t to start with - I'm going to need a neck brace and a chiropractor (I'm not kidding - I'm actually in pain) and I haven't even *found* the PASM module under the dash yet.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hesperus
can't wait to hear your feedback. especially on street.
going to have to wait, I just tried installing it, and Ive hurt my neck.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:38 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 914 Likes on 514 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
well that's a crock of sh*t to start with - I'm going to need a neck brace and a chiropractor (I'm not kidding - I'm actually in pain) and I haven't even *found* the PASM module under the dash yet.
OMG Larry, I am so sorry to hear you are in pain. The box is just above the passenger side kick panel. I wish I was closer to you, I'd have pop it in for you.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:41 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

going to have to wait, I just tried installing it, and Ive hurt my neck.
Drive it over to my place and ill put it in for ya; price one beer + ride along before and after install to see how it feels
Old 09-21-2014, 09:42 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by chub2000
i have the DSC on my gt3 .1 . it is tough for me to notice the difference because i had the DSC installed at the same tome TPC installed heavier front springs. I do seem to get around the track faster than any other gt3 and i am only an average driver. unfortunately i dont have my before and after lap times, but i am noticeably faster with the DSC and the heavier front springs. Thanks Tom!
Thank you for you feedback. Actually your DSC only functions on the stiffer half of the program on your .1 car because it was installed prior to the offering of the 3-axis accelerometer. Come by the shop one morning and I'll install the accelerometer so you'll have full range of function.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Default no worries...

Originally Posted by Tom-TPC Racing
OMG Larry, I am so sorry to hear you are in pain. The box is just above the passenger side kick panel. I wish I was closer to you, I'd have pop it in for you.
No worries Tom just pulled a neck muscle ... I got the trim panel off under the glove box no problem I can see the PASM controller up and to the right can't see how to dismount it but it will have to wait...
Old 09-21-2014, 10:03 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

No worries Tom just pulled a neck muscle ... I got the trim panel off under the glove box no problem I can see the PASM controller up and to the right can't see how to dismount it but it will have to wait...
Okay, glad to hear the pain is not more serious. Actually no need to remove the trim panel(kick panel) because the PASM box is above it slight toward the front of the car. When look up onto that area its the only item that has a green color connector.
Attached Images   
Old 09-21-2014, 10:08 PM
azmurciev12
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

simple question: will this DSC (on its softest setting) make the ride more compliant on bad roads as compared to a stock gt3 mk2? we have terrible roads here in the philippines and wouldn't mind a more compliant ride than stock.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by azmurciev12
simple question: will this DSC (on its softest setting) make the ride more compliant on bad roads as compared to a stock gt3 mk2? we have terrible roads here in the philippines and wouldn't mind a more compliant ride than stock.
Yes Sir.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:31 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Okay, glad to hear the pain is not more serious. Actually no need to remove the trim panel(kick panel) because the PASM box is above it slight toward the front of the car. When look up onto that area its the only item that has a green color connector.
Thanks Tom it how is it mounted/attached?
Old 09-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Push the locking tab away from the PASM box and it'll just fall out. I don't have a photo of the locking tab because it is not visible. What I do is visually identify the PASM box by the green connector, then put by hand on the surface of the box( once I put my hand up there the visibility is gone), then I use my fingers to follow the surface of the box to the lower tab and then push the locking tab away. It takes less than 1-lb of effort to release the locking tab.

I had no idea you were struggling with this or I would have called you and talk you through. I just assumed you were giving the car a good run over the weekend. I'll remove the locking tab tomorrow and take a picture for you.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:25 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by chub2000
i have the DSC on my gt3 .1 . it is tough for me to notice the difference because i had the DSC installed at the same tome TPC installed heavier front springs. I do seem to get around the track faster than any other gt3 and i am only an average driver. unfortunately i dont have my before and after lap times, but i am noticeably faster with the DSC and the heavier front springs.
Thanks Tom!
What spring rate did you go with? I'm going to increase mine
Old 09-22-2014, 11:10 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Rennlist Member

Here are photos of the OEM mounting bracket. The bracket is attached to the car. For the purpose of the illustration I used a DSC box because of the contrasting color to the bracket. One little push of the finger on the locking tab the box will just fall out.

The first and the second photo is the orientation of exactly how the bracket and box is mounted in the car above the kick panel. The locking tab is at the middle bottom.

Hope that helps.
Attached Images      
Old 09-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Push the locking tab away from the PASM box and it'll just fall out. I don't have a photo of the locking tab because it is not visible. What I do is visually identify the PASM box by the green connector, then put by hand on the surface of the box( once I put my hand up there the visibility is gone), then I use my fingers to follow the surface of the box to the lower tab and then push the locking tab away. It takes less than 1-lb of effort to release the locking tab.

I had no idea you were struggling with this or I would have called you and talk you through. I just assumed you were giving the car a good run over the weekend. I'll remove the locking tab tomorrow and take a picture for you.
no worries! thanks for the support, I will pop the PASM controller out later today!

I'm really excited to try it out!

Quick Reply: TPC product: DSC (Dynamic Suspension Control)