Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

BAC Mono vs P1

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 10:44 AM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Just look at the 991 GT3 forum. For every one thread about tracking, there are four or more about deviated stitching, bluetooth, smokers pkg, and PTS.
couldnt agree more..but see the positive, BAC Monons dont burn down, BAC Monos deliver solid performance, and 10 years ago BAC Monos, radicals whatever didnt exist....the other stuff (991 GT3, Nissan GTR..) is just more or less useless for this - they will find this out also..just takes some time..

BAC Mono is the new GT3 !..
Old 08-29-2014, 10:56 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

Just look at the 991 GT3 forum. For every one thread about tracking, there are four or more about deviated stitching, bluetooth, smokers pkg, and PTS.
It's called VW's target market.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:56 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by P_collector
- the BAC Mono for 100k can almost destroy it..(?)

I tested a Dallara 2010 GP2 4.0L 620HP single seater race car a few weeks back in Spa..thats what I call a real "car"..no need to mention that it will even destroy any P1, 918 to pieces..more fun for sure as well.

Savyboy: congrats on your BAC Mono - how can I get a test drive of it in Europe?..PS: your avatar disappoints me a bit - Camaro = heavy, slow..like a P1 or 918..
I presume you were meaning £100k, the Mono is well over $100k USD

Real car indeed, and I'd freely say you are a "real man" to tackle a beast like that, and especially at Spa. This is the first time I've ever used this emoticon here and you earned it...lol

Shoot the BAC guys a message via their website indicating your interest, they'll hook you up. In the USA, the sole distributor just put out an update with interesting Mono delivery info.

I know you were joking and poking fun, but in truth that Camaro is amazing, I love every minute I spend in it or looking at it. Every bit as rewarding as any P-car I've ever owned at 1/2 to 1/4 the price. Performance car steal of the decade, I'd urge you to drive one if you can. Because of that ownership experience, now I'm looking at a Cruze for the wife and a new GMC diesel pickup for myself. Chevy is offering incredible value on many levels (performance, safety, features), my eyes are wide open.

And Porsche is more tapped in than ever to $ervice their needs

It'll be a fun fraternity of Mono owners by this time next year, I'm looking forward to the events that will begin to happen, maybe you'll chose to join in?
Old 08-29-2014, 11:03 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
now I'm looking at a Cruze for the wife
Do yourself a favor and do not buy a Cruze for the wife,not unless you hate her...

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...evy-cruze.html
Old 08-29-2014, 11:15 AM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I presume you were meaning £100k, the Mono is well over $100k USD

Real car indeed, and I'd freely say you are a "real man" to tackle a beast like that, and especially at Spa. This is the first time I've ever used this emoticon here and you earned it...lol

Shoot the BAC guys a message via their website indicating your interest, they'll hook you up. In the USA, the sole distributor just put out an update with interesting Mono delivery info.

I know you were joking and poking fun, but in truth that Camaro is amazing, I love every minute I spend in it or looking at it. Every bit as rewarding as any P-car I've ever owned at 1/2 to 1/4 the price. Performance car steal of the decade, I'd urge you to drive one if you can. Because of that ownership experience, now I'm looking at a Cruze for the wife and a new GMC diesel pickup for myself. Chevy is offering incredible value on many levels (performance, safety, features), my eyes are wide open.

And Porsche is more tapped in than ever to $ervice their needs

It'll be a fun fraternity of Mono owners by this time next year, I'm looking forward to the events that will begin to happen, maybe you'll chose to join in?
thanks...."real man"..well, slightly..there are quite a few others who can do it a lot better then I did..but obviously you need some training in single seater otherwise..thats why I am also interested in the BAC Mono..to see the comparison..

Ill send you a link to my video in a few days..(video is not ready yet)..

BAC MONO: OK...will contact them.

Camaro: yes I was joking a bit..but you do have a fair point..its like corvette vs 911 - in the end the corvette offers more value for money..simple as that and I agree.

thanks & we will stay in touch..Ill send you a PM in a few days...
Old 08-29-2014, 11:16 AM
savyboy
Drifting

PS- I'll follow-up and say an Inconel exhaust system like the one below is more appealing than $20k of deviated stitching and dash warts. Different strokes, different folks

Those pictures are car **** of the highest degree in my world. Likely your's too Warren

*i have no idea what the custom Mono exhaust cost, sadly it's not my car

Enjoy...
Attached Images   
Old 08-29-2014, 01:39 PM
maomao911
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 11 Posts

what's the latest on road registering it in CA?
Old 08-29-2014, 02:09 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by maomao911
what's the latest on road registering it in CA?
Shinoo at Sector111 got his demo Mono registered in CA a couple years ago with no problem as far as I know. But you'll definitely want to talk to him for details.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,839 Likes on 954 Posts

Old 08-29-2014, 10:05 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ only about 25 seconds off the 2010 Viper time. Hmmm.....
Old 08-29-2014, 10:36 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

vipers can wheelie too….

Old 08-30-2014, 03:34 PM
fbirch
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Apologies if it's been posted already, but I thought the video review below was impressive. Although a 3800 lb car wouldn't be my first choice in a track weapon, there's no denying the superlative lap time the Z28 put down. Having just gotten back from a weekend at Barber, that lap time seems especially impressive. It's unfortunate that Motortrend didn't show us a complete lap around the circuit (with data overlay) as viewed from inside the car. I can't wait to see what the Z06 can do.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:40 PM
fbirch
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PS- I'll follow-up and say an Inconel exhaust system like the one below is more appealing than $20k of deviated stitching and dash warts. Different strokes, different folks

Those pictures are car **** of the highest degree in my world. Likely your's too Warren

*i have no idea what the custom Mono exhaust cost, sadly it's not my car

Enjoy...
Stunning craftsmanship!

I can see they put heat shields on the structural tubes closest to the rear three header pipes, but the forward most header pipe looks uncomfortably close to the tubes just aft of the driver. Is there more heat shielding not yet installed at the point where these pics were taken, or is there enough airflow through there to minimize heat transfer?

Last edited by fbirch; 08-30-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

That's a lot of iconel. Wonder what the cost-to-hp gain is?
Old 08-31-2014, 07:54 AM
savyboy
Drifting

That's a lot of iconel. Wonder what the cost-to-hp gain is?
They haven't released pricing on that option yet and I don't think there is any hp gain. Weight savings (no idea how much) and a sh*t-load of bling are the benefits. Inconel can provide the weight savings of Ti while maintaining durability of steel, and provide better heat retention (less heat to surrounding surfaces/parts).

I'm not going to lie, I'd mount one to a stand or on the wall and keep it in my living room as a modern art piece.

Quick Reply: BAC Mono vs P1