Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sound off -- 4 day thunderhill weekend - sept 4-7 who will be there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 12:13 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Huge props to Dave-O in his rookie outing. He won 1st place overall in the big sprint race finale. Congrats, buddy!

And a huge shout-out to SP Motorsports and BR Racing for keeping me in the game, despite all my woes. That's why I love this sport so much. Everyone shares the passion and helps each other without hesitation.

Awesome.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:22 AM
gt2urbo
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

howd the car feel mobonic. why would you not do thew 5 miles again?
Old 09-08-2014, 01:34 AM
MirageJHU
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

DaveO - I said it over and over again in person, but what a monumental freaking weekend man! I'm so excited for you. So many things checked off that list, win a club race, start a club race from pole, lead flag to flag...amazing. So, so happy for you.

Lar - I want video of your drive in Club Race #2!!!! That had to have been EPIC!

Wish the weekend could have gone better, both mobonic and I had some woes but overall the weekend was fun. Saturday was freaking hot though...

Finally got to meet mooty! He's real!

Edit: Forgot to say thanks so much to Tim, Craig, David and all the other PCA folks whose names I don't remember/know for putting on a classy event. Always a good time with the GGR crew.
Old 09-08-2014, 01:46 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

great meeting up with everyone and sorry I slow some of you down on Saturday while running old slicks tuning shocks. Put on fresh conti slicks today and had a great chase with fast GT3 and TT.

Here is the video of the chase and couple pics. Somehow Aims data recorder turn off on it's own and I had to turn it back on @2:30 minutes into the video.

Thanks Tim and PCA crew for putting this fun weekend together. Let's do this again soon

everyone including our fighting machines asleep at 6 AM

now awake and busy buzzing around the paddock

Old 09-08-2014, 02:07 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

tim, craig, heath and let's not forget KIM. they all worked hard to put up a great event.
dave O, impressive drive and the car sounds great.
lar, on behalf of SP motorsport, we are proud to have you onboard. you need to slow down a bit, we dont want the other door to fly off too
annand, you sand bagger. you got what, 3 days in the cup and you are flying..... or was that a google car that drives itself?

overall great weekend...

i had a lot of fun doing my own burning man BBQ'g black widows..... nothing like 100 octane and spiders.... nice can crunchy.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:08 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mobonic
Was a fun weekend but not too many cars turned out for the club race which was disappointing.

Fastest lap was a 3:10 on old scrub michi's with over 10 HC.

Don't know if I'd do the 5 mile again though
too bad you had mechanical but the beast was FAST.
and you need to send me some PURE FISH decals for my new car.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:10 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Jamie_GT3
missed out, hope to jump on one of these trips down. T-hill sounds like a blast. Curt, nice times on MP Cups, need to have Cantrell mount up some R6's for you guys next time!
come play.
R6 is over rated. shay and curt need yoko slicks.

Originally Posted by curtsm
Hi Jamie,

We're going to Laguna on the 20-21st and will be at Sears on 27-28th ... come down and play!

Also, we were running the RS on Pirelli Trofeo R tires. As an aside, what would help at this circuit for the RS is to have stiffer springs and better shocks as the OEM suspension shows it's limits at this track!

- curt
keep me posted. i will try to get out there to meet up. not sure i 'll be driving until november.

yes, you need JRZ's 1321's. i have a bunch sitting around for the RS.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:18 PM
FINN987
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikymu
great meeting up with everyone and sorry I slow some of you down on Saturday while running old slicks tuning shocks. Put on fresh conti slicks today and had a great chase with fast GT3 and TT.
Oh, hello! Sorry to have held you up! Missed you at the time trials!

Time trial clip:
Track walk clip:
Old 09-08-2014, 03:22 PM
FINN987
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mobonic
Fastest lap was a 3:10 on old scrub michi's with over 10 HC.
Wait, wasn't there a 3:08 on Friday? Video, please! As that should (supposedly) be a new 5-Mile track record.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:35 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There could of been a 3:08, i need to check the data as we were getting different times on the motec vs timing and scoring.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:49 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

The track record for the 5 mile according to YouTube
is 2:56.787. I've been on-track with that car before. Insanely fast car (all downforce) and great driver.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:59 PM
tgsmith4845
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 113 Posts

It was really cool seeing everyone at TH this wknd. Glad you all had a great time. Fast, safe driving with some great folks. That's what it's all about. I even managed to get on track myself a few times. :-)

@Shay, @Curt - Nice meeting you both. Come on down and play anytime. We've got some great asphalt down here. See you at Sears Pt in a few weeks, my home track.

Everyone - GGR has a Porsche only run group at Sears Pt w/ NASA Oct 25-26, so come on out! Should be open on MotorsportReg in a few days.

Tim
Old 09-08-2014, 04:02 PM
FINN987
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
The track record for the 5 mile according to YouTube is 2:56.787. I've been on-track with that car before. Insanely fast car (all downforce) and great driver.
I'll defer to that. I would check the Thill site, but they're hacked at the moment.Or do they event list / link to track records on their site?

http://www.thunderhill.com
Old 09-08-2014, 05:09 PM
curtsm
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Tim!

Shay and I had such a great time meeting everyone, such a great group of people and great drivers.

We can't wait to see you at Sears Pt in a few weeks!

Originally Posted by tgsmith4845
It was really cool seeing everyone at TH this wknd. Glad you all had a great time. Fast, safe driving with some great folks. That's what it's all about. I even managed to get on track myself a few times. :-)

@Shay, @Curt - Nice meeting you both. Come on down and play anytime. We've got some great asphalt down here. See you at Sears Pt in a few weeks, my home track.

Everyone - GGR has a Porsche only run group at Sears Pt w/ NASA Oct 25-26, so come on out! Should be open on MotorsportReg in a few days.

Tim
- curt
Old 09-08-2014, 05:23 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FINN987
Oh, hello! Sorry to have held you up! Missed you at the time trials!
Hey Jussi, same goes for me on Saturday and felt bad I held you guys up while I ice sake around in my 1 year old slicks. Very glad I was able to use you and Daren as rabbit yesterday to awaken the car and appreciate the point by after T2. I was not able to stay after second session because I got call in to work Sunday afternoon ... had to park my truck and trailer outside office

Quick Reply: Sound off -- 4 day thunderhill weekend - sept 4-7 who will be there?